skin care/make-up

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2011, 08:38 PM
Default skin care/make-up

Ok girls here is my question. I am always searching for skin care line. Now that I am moving to TV I'm not sure what would be a good product since it is hot in fl. I have been using BE foundation and it is ok. Would love to hear what you have tried. I went to the Derm. the other day and he recommend Cera Ve or dove soap.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:53 PM
Gold member

I use Aveeno tinted mositurizer with a sun screen in it. Estee Lauder also sells one that I have used. I have skin allergies and those are two that have worked for me.

Nothing so needs reforming as other peoples habits. "Mark Twain"
Old 06-06-2011, 12:06 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangirl View Post
Ok girls here is my question. I am always searching for skin care line. Now that I am moving to TV I'm not sure what would be a good product since it is hot in fl. I have been using BE foundation and it is ok. Would love to hear what you have tried. I went to the Derm. the other day and he recommend Cera Ve or dove soap.
DISCLAIMER: I AM DEFINATELY NOT A GIRL..I DO NOT PERUSE THE GIRL TALK SECTION.. I simply saw this on "TODAYS POSTS". Here is my experience with the GIRLS in my family. ALL of Eastern European descent. My Mom used the inside of banana peels to rub on her face and arms...She passed at 95 y/o with ZERO wrinkles and zero sun spots. My oldest sis used banana peel until she was 35..then switched to Noxema ....currently 77 y/o with a slight hint of crows feet starting to develop at outside edge of eyes and no sun spots. Aunt Margaret is 101... has a FEW wrinkles around her eyes ....always used banana peel ...still actively gardens and walks at least 1 mile every day. The all said THE secret is " IF IT WAS NOT A FOOD 100 YEARS AGO---DO NOT EAT IT ". ( i.e. no processed meats or cheeses.. no artifical sweeteners..no fake butters...no preservatives ) I could bore you with a few more very active and healthy very old kinfolk. BUT... IMHO ...you are what you eat- and- nature provides us with all thing we need to keep young looking and young feeling.

Last edited by mrfixit; 06-06-2011 at 12:36 AM. Reason: clarify
Old 06-06-2011, 07:43 AM
Platinum member
Default Okay Mr. Fixit!

I am delighted you shared your family beauty secrets, I truly am.....
but you can't just leave us hanging here with banana peels on our faces!
What are we supposed to do after we rub the peels on....
Let 'em dry?
Apply makeup over it?
Peel it off? (pun intended!)
And how do we keep the fruit flies away?
I'm game....
Old 06-06-2011, 12:39 PM
Golden Sunrise Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfixit View Post
DISCLAIMER: I AM DEFINATELY NOT A GIRL..I DO NOT PERUSE THE GIRL TALK SECTION.. I simply saw this on "TODAYS POSTS". Here is my experience with the GIRLS in my family. ALL of Eastern European descent. My Mom used the inside of banana peels to rub on her face and arms...She passed at 95 y/o with ZERO wrinkles and zero sun spots. My oldest sis used banana peel until she was 35..then switched to Noxema ....currently 77 y/o with a slight hint of crows feet starting to develop at outside edge of eyes and no sun spots. Aunt Margaret is 101... has a FEW wrinkles around her eyes ....always used banana peel ...still actively gardens and walks at least 1 mile every day. The all said THE secret is " IF IT WAS NOT A FOOD 100 YEARS AGO---DO NOT EAT IT ". ( i.e. no processed meats or cheeses.. no artifical sweeteners..no fake butters...no preservatives ) I could bore you with a few more very active and healthy very old kinfolk. BUT... IMHO ...you are what you eat- and- nature provides us with all thing we need to keep young looking and young feeling.
Mr. Fixit,

Thanks for the update. I wish it was easier today to eat only what was available 100 years ago - but it is HARD. Even things such as milk and fruit are obtained/raised differently - and organic labeling is not totally reliable. And if you go to a restaurant - especially any of the chains - think food preservatives to the nth degree.

As far as your lovely ladies go - much of their beauty is also lined to good genes and amount sun exposure in their youth. Much of the damage we have is only minimally reversible and at, to me, too high a price in terms of $$ and risk.

I never heard of the banana treatment - but it makes sense that the oils in the peel could be an effective moisturizer.

Last edited by katezbox; 06-06-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:51 PM
Sage

Hi Mrfixit, I'm with Uptown. Since you slipped (pun intended) into this forum, please tell us more.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
I am delighted you shared your family beauty secrets, I truly am.....
but you can't just leave us hanging here with banana peels on our faces!
What are we supposed to do after we rub the peels on....
Let 'em dry?
Apply makeup over it?
Peel it off? (pun intended!)
And how do we keep the fruit flies away?
I'm game....
Ok Uptown girl I tried the banana peel. It actually felt wonderful. It tried immediately and I did this at night. Doesn't feel like anything on my face.
Hey what I love to try new beauty products.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:43 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangirl View Post
Ok Uptown girl I tried the banana peel. It actually felt wonderful. It tried immediately and I did this at night. Doesn't feel like anything on my face.
Hey what I love to try new beauty products.
So, you rubbed the peel on your face, the moist 'gel' dried immediately, and you left it on and went to sleep? I just want to be clear.....
Then.. does it act like a mask, tightening the skin as it dries? Could you move your face?

What did the residue look like in the morning? I'm asking silly questions, here.... I should just DO IT once and find out. But I think I'd better wait until hubby goes on a business trip.... I'm scary-looking enough as it is in the morning, without adding anything new to surprise the poor guy!
Old 06-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Location: Wilbur and I live in Ohio 6 mo. and Bradenton, Fl. 6 mo. and want to live in the Villages 12 mo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uptown Girl View Post
So, you rubbed the peel on your face, the moist 'gel' dried immediately, and you left it on and went to sleep? I just want to be clear.....
Then.. does it act like a mask, tightening the skin as it dries? Could you move your face?

What did the residue look like in the morning? I'm asking silly questions, here.... I should just DO IT once and find out. But I think I'd better wait until hubby goes on a business trip.... I'm scary-looking enough as it is in the morning, without adding anything new to surprise the poor guy!
http://www.ehow.com/how_2313284_use-...skin-care.html
Old 06-30-2011, 09:09 PM

Love it...that was funny..
Old 07-14-2011, 02:01 PM

waking up this thread, wondering what you lovely ladies use as your favorite foundation.

I started with Max Factor pan stick in the '60's and though I tried other brands of foundation over the years, I kept going back to the pan stick because of the ease of use but now it's no longer being made so looking for something new.

Any new, fantastic products out there?
Old 07-14-2011, 03:46 PM
Default light as air and is actually good for your skin...

Bare Minerals - I love it - covers well, doesn't "melt" off my face (since Menopause has given me my own humidity that I carry around w/me at all times) and it's actually good for my skin.
Old 07-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Default Bare Naturales by L'Oreal

By far the best I've ever used. Was a proponent of their liquid "Visible Lift" for many years, but this is much finer a finish and it DOES NOT RUN!!!. My husband much prefers it to the other. Also, takes much less time to apply!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:36 AM

Interesting, I haven't tried the mineral powder type makeup thank you for the input will have to check it out.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:00 PM

Mary Kay Mineral Powder is awesome. All of the MK products are great.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.