Stylish Walking Shoe

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2020, 07:25 AM

I love glitter sneakers. They are very lightweight, only weigh an ounce or two.
You can get them on Amazon for $25. Come in all colors. Everything I wear them, women and even men say how much they love them. Very pretty and most importantly comfort.

Have a wonderful trip.
Old 01-28-2020, 07:44 AM

Check amazon for “fit flops”.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:01 AM

depends on where over seas you are going. crocs work anywhere
Old 01-28-2020, 08:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryland04 View Post
Ecco waterproof best ever
I will second Ecco. Great shoe, but pricey, upwards of
$100+, but THEY NEVER EVER WEAR OUT! I have a pair of their early Ballerina style that I purchased on line from Zappos about five years ago, they have the replaceable inner sole, and they look awful, but they will not wear out. If you see someone wearing awful shoes that will be me!

I also love Born.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-28-2020, 08:04 AM
Default Good support for walking

We've done lots of walking in France, Spain, and Korea as well as here in the US. My "go to" favorites are my Birkenstock sandals and my Keen oxfords. Wouldn't travel without them!
Old 01-28-2020, 08:16 AM

Mephisto Shoes or Ecco Shoes. I swear by both of them. Bought my first pair of walking boots for a trip to Thailand 15 years ago and I still have them. Comfortable. Might be a bit more expensive but worth it.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Thank you everyone for your suggestions! This gives me a starting point.

We are going to Europe with lots of walking.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:27 AM

My husband and I bought allbirds for a big trip last year. Wouldn’t travel again without them. They can only be ordered on line.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,355 Times in 2,508 Posts

A lot of walking?
Comfort over style every time.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:24 AM
Sage

For sandals, I love Ecco "Yucatan." You can see several colors on Zappos.com. After so many years on the planet have never found a really comfortable walking shoe. I would love to love SAS but they start cramping my feet after a couple hours. My husband can wear his SAS all day long.
Old 01-28-2020, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts
Talking

anything sketchers related is typically fitted with memory foam, i have bad heel spurs, the slip on's are great. @ nightime, i have a pair of (really,) orthopedic sandals, with wedge heals. they only look uncomfortable, but i can walk on them all nite. i found them on amazon, & they include heel lifts for those that have a leg shorter than the other
Old 01-28-2020, 09:47 AM

Mephisto shoes run tight so try on and be sure they are comfortable right away, Vionic shoes from Bealls are great as are SAS. Have fun.
Old 01-28-2020, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marywhite630 View Post
If you like sandals, try Keen. I have walked miles in them. Great support and nice looking styles as well. I bought them on line and they are true to size.
I had never heard of this brand of shoe or sandal. Checked them out online, they are a bit different, but I did like some of the styles. Thanks for posting.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-28-2020, 10:48 AM
Smile Waling shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2BNTV View Post
Will be taking an overseas trip with lots of walking. Other than athletic shoes, what is a stylish, comfortable walking shoe?
It used to be taboo to wear sneakers but not now. Even in Paris, sneakers are in especially the KEDS type. And white sneakers are definitely in vogue contrary to past taboos. Just don't get orthopedic looking sneakers.I also just bought a pair of black TEVA sandals which are great for walking for my upcoming trips abroad. Charleston shoes (Sumter Landing) are comfy and stylish too. Bon Voyage!
Old 01-28-2020, 10:59 AM

Having had years of sore feet, ankles, knees and hips, which shoes are “best” is definitely a matter of individual needs and preferences. For instance, your feet could be flat with almost no arches or they could have very high arches. Big difference! Also how you walk—mechanically—(your gait) affects which shoe is best for you.

I have had great success with getting good walking shoes at a good specialty shoe store targeted to RUNNERS. Many of those stores have well-trained sales help to assist you with choosing for fit, function and style. My local running store has a treadmill and cameras to identify whether you “pronate” or not. Turns out, I do. Getting shoes structured for that has made a huge difference in my daily pain levels!

Besides that, as the other poster suggested, I love Birkenstocks too. I would be sure to buy them and wear them for short spurts at home to mold them to your feet before you wear them for a long day of sight-seeing. The breaking-in process can cause some discomfort & nothing can ruin a nice day faster than painful joints or feet. Enjoy your trip! It sounds dreamy...
Closed Thread

Tags
walking, stylish, shoe, shoes, athletic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.