Stylish Walking Shoe

Closed Thread
Old 01-28-2020, 11:49 AM
Default sketchers - comfy shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed2BNTV View Post
Thank you everyone for your suggestions! This gives me a starting point.

We are going to Europe with lots of walking.
sketchers - slip ons - memory foam and relaxed fit are my favorites
Old 01-28-2020, 01:00 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

“All About Feet” is a store just outside of TV. The official address is Oxford. It is near Bargains and Treasures and Urban Hair Studio.

The owner knows how to fit shoes and I think he also does repairs. They carry Naot — which a widely traveled friend of mine swears by.

“All About Feet” is where I learned about Aetrex and bought them there a couple of years ago. I have Aetrex sandals, walking shoes, and a nice looking short casual — not quite a boot — that looks good with jeans.

I don’t know if they carry Walking Cradles and SoftWalk, but I have bought those two brands from Zappos. They both do a flat with actual arch support and a gently rounded toe. I have one silver and one gold that I can wear to dress up an outfit for a dinner or something like that.

If I were you, I would go to “All About Feet” (with a Google, you will find their website.) Maybe ask for Anthony if he is still there. He will help you find what works for you, and can add orthotics, too, if needed. This type of shoe will not be the least expensive you have ever bought, but they are worth the price. You know that old saying, “When your feet hurt, you hurt all over.”

Last edited by Boomer; 01-28-2020 at 01:57 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,008 Times in 1,736 Posts

Europeans tend to be less informal in the cities than North Americans. Country folk have their own dress code. I have not seen running shoes on anyone other than tourists in the cities. Also it can be colder, Paris temperatures in August can be similar to TV in winter. But then Rome is warmer. I wore sandals to walk a million miles in Paris, metro up the stairs, down the stairs, all the art galleries. A black pair of Ecco, or Keds would fit in.

There are many shoe stores in the cities, if for example, you suddenly decide to go to the opera.

Not sure where you are going? If you plan to hike the castles in Scotland I’d wear hiking shoes.
Old 01-28-2020, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Rockport World Tour Classic.

Lots of color choices and extremely comfortable...even after a long day.

7 Best Walking Shoes for Men Who Like to Walk in Comfort 2020

Old 01-28-2020, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Sketcher slip on shoes are the best.
Sketchers aren’t comfortable for walking long distances. Ask me how I know.... we walked about 5 miles on excursions and by the end of the day my feet were killing me. They are very comfortable for short distances but not long IMHO.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:08 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Europeans tend to be less informal in the cities than North Americans. Country folk have their own dress code. I have not seen running shoes on anyone other than tourists in the cities. Also it can be colder, Paris temperatures in August can be similar to TV in winter. But then Rome is warmer. I wore sandals to walk a million miles in Paris, metro up the stairs, down the stairs, all the art galleries. A black pair of Ecco, or Keds would fit in.

There are many shoe stores in the cities, if for example, you suddenly decide to go to the opera.

Not sure where you are going? If you plan to hike the castles in Scotland I’d wear hiking shoes.
Going to Italy. Cruise and land tour.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Will be taking an overseas trip with lots of walking. Other than athletic shoes, what is a stylish, comfortable walking shoe?
Everybody's foot is different but for me the best walking shoe so far is the Brooks brand Addiction Walker. Not at all high fashion but very comfortable, with good support and padding. I believe the sizes for men tend to run a bit small relative to typical dress shoes. Now for women, I can't say.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Will be taking an overseas trip with lots of walking. Other than athletic shoes, what is a stylish, comfortable walking shoe?
My wife loves the shoes at SAS in Brownwood. She finds them extremely comfortable. They are not inexpensive however.
Old 01-29-2020, 09:46 AM

UOTE=elreib;1713393]I have painful feet and I do so much better when I wear SAS shoes. They are so very comfortable and they last forever. I have about 8 pair and they are my favorite shoe for comfort. SAS (San Antonio Shoe co.) have a shop across from the Paddock Mall in Ocala. It is a small shop but loaded with plenty of shoes in sizes that are not found in most shoe stores. I wear a size 10.5 narrow and they always have them on hand or can get the color I want and ship to my house within a week.

On a second note, Are you going to Europe via a cruise? We are going on a cruise the end of April and getting off in Barcelona, then leasing a car and taking a driving tour around several countries, ending in England where we will return home sometime in late June or early July.[/QUOTE]

Another vote for SAS shoes. They have been offering more stylish shoes lately, and they are the most comfortable shoes I’ve ever worn. They have a store in Brownwood not far from Too Jays. I bought a really pretty pair of black patent leather shoes with cross strap and wore them brand new on a European river cruise. We walked every day for miles on the shore excursions, and the shoes were sooo comfortable! Highly recommend. You won’t be sorry.
Old 01-29-2020, 11:21 AM
Veteran member
Default Great Shoes

I got a pair of Allbirds The World’s Most Comfortable Shoes – Allbirds and absolutely love them. They’re only $95. They’re very comfortable. They aren’t for hiking, but amazing for walking about. Definitely give them a look.
Old 01-29-2020, 12:04 PM
Default Clark's

Try Clark's shoes. I have 2 pair I use in Europe. They remind me of teachers shoes that our generation used slipons with a slight wedge
Old 01-29-2020, 01:56 PM

Quote:
I like The Walking Company. Bronze, gold, silver, black, etc. Take a look.
The Walking Company - Comfort Shoes, Walking Shoes, & Orthotics

Go Niners ~
Old 01-29-2020, 02:20 PM

orthofeet.com the walking company.com
Old 01-30-2020, 03:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I use Keen hiking sandals. If pavement is wet sole is non slip, with protective toe. Drys out quickly. Lightweight to pack an extra pair. You can wear socks if you choose.

Comes in many colors to go with any clothes. My first pair went to Europe, Hawaii, Disney, walking 15 to 20 miles a day.
Old 01-30-2020, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post
For sandals, I love Ecco "Yucatan." You can see several colors on Zappos.com. After so many years on the planet have never found a really comfortable walking shoe. I would love to love SAS but they start cramping my feet after a couple hours. My husband can wear his SAS all day long.
I also have a pair of SAS sandals that "cramp my feet." So disappointed.
Closed Thread

Tags
walking, stylish, shoe, shoes, athletic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.