What Do I Do?

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2021, 11:00 AM

I have a CYV and have tons of space for dishes and cooking equipment.. moved into it after selling a designer home which had less kitchen cabinets.. but miss the extra space and had great neighbors there.. every place is different for sure.. a friend who bought in different village socializing with friends from former village.. never know
Old 10-01-2021, 11:05 AM
Send a message via AIM to joelfmi
Default Remember you can have renter that a living near you which can make your life living

at the villages difficult. That is a draw back.
Old 10-01-2021, 11:58 AM

We bought a turn key. I gave away a ton of stuff and sold big ticket items that I knew I didn't want for sure. I know I have packed stuff that I still probably won't need down in TV but I can get rid of it there. One thing I knew for purging feels so good.
Old 10-01-2021, 01:42 PM
Default Bring very little

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiF View Post
Ladies - I’m packing for our move and I have a question. We aren’t getting a big house, most likely a small designer or bungalow villa so kitchen space will be iffy. All my kitchenware, dishes, glasses, silverware etc. are at least services for 12 and even 14. And lots of serving pieces. That’s because I cook a lot and regularly host meals. In Florida, until we get to know people and get involved at church, it’ll mostly be family who visit and sometimes friends (2-4). So I’m debating on bringing down so much kitchen stuff. What did you do? Did you wish you had? Or sorry you brought it all? We’re paying a moving company so that makes a difference too. I love what I have and hate to get rid of it. Hopefully I get a nice big pantry closet! 🤞
We moved here 6 years ago. The cost to move everything was exorbitant so I decided to give away almost all my stuff and I’m glad I did. I even sold my silver to a jeweler. I found out how little I actually used and I can buy stuff at estate sales for good prices if I need it. Just my opinion. Welcome to The Villages.
Old 10-01-2021, 02:23 PM

I thought I wouldn’t be using all of my serving pieces and numerous plates and glasses. I was wrong. I’m not needing a complete China set for 12 anymore but I definitely got rid of too much. Be careful. I’m replacing some of the pieces that I should’ve kept. You’ll be surprised how social we are and how much you may want to entertain regardless of the size of your house.
Old 10-01-2021, 03:06 PM

I just moved here and left too many household items back in Chicago. Every time I buy something I left, I am filled with regret. Bring your stuff down and sort it out down here. Resale prices are much better here than up North.
Old 10-01-2021, 08:44 PM

Just don't leave your precise items stored at your friends house. You might never get them back. Whatever you bring here, and is important to you keep it in site. Otherwise, you might not be the one deciding whether to throw it out.
Closed Thread

Tags
kitchen, big, i’m, debating, 2-4

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.