Window Treatments, Bedding, etc.

Closed Thread
Old 08-08-2010, 09:23 AM
Default Window Treatments, Bedding, etc.

I asked this question on another forum and didn't get any replies. I'm hoping one of you lovely ladies can help me.

As soon as our home in Delaware sells, we will be moving to TV.

I was told that TV has a department that makes window treatments and bedding, but that their prices are very high.

Does anyone know where I can get drapes, curtains, valances, comforters and pillow shams made? I know that I can find comforter sets in several stores, but I can't get matching window treatments.

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Old 08-08-2010, 09:31 AM

Beautiful Window Fashions, Jennie Sandford. 352-750-3883
Old 08-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome to you.

Although everyone knows that I think that The Villages have EVERYTHING, they don't have a place that makes window treatments, unless that you count that they own one of the Furniture stores, called Southern Lifestyles and they can find someone or contract with someone to have them made.

And just like any other custom decorating thingy, it is expensive.

You probably know that we have Kohls and Target and Belk here that have a lot of those things to offer and Lowes has some NICE window treatments, just in case you didn't know.

There are sewers and seamstresses here, but a good many people put up their blinds and think for awhile what theme or color scheme they want.

I was not one who waited. As soon as we bought the house, I started planning and made a lot of the window treatments and found others at Penneys.

I was trying to create a beachy, cottagy home since we are snowbirds and have a traditional home in Ohio.

Do you have a theme in mind? Just for conversation. I love to hear people talk about making their home here beautiful.
Old 08-08-2010, 05:43 PM

Thanks for info CTgolfer!

Gracie,

Thanks for responding. We are going to buy new furniture for our new home, but not sure what style. I don't want white or very dark wood furniture. I would prefer a light or medium wood, nothing too formal. I would like to decorate our home in various shades of purple, blue and turquoise.

I've been checking out the model tours to get some ideas. I've been anxiously waiting for the tours of the five new models.

I just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your posts. I've been a daily reader of TOTV for the past two months.

Kathy

"Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first."
Old 08-09-2010, 07:06 AM
Veteran member

If you can get a copy of the local newspaper "The Daily Sun" there are tons of ads for window treatments, I know you will find what you want. We are from Delaware also...hope to meet you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.