winter and holiday dress

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2011, 05:36 PM
Default winter and holiday dress

This will be the first time we spend the entire winter in TV. I need help deciding what clothing to bring. Does anyone in Florida wear cordurory? During the holidays will there be occasions for dressy long dresses? What about "velvety" fabrics? HELP!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2011, 06:48 PM
Veteran member

It'll depend on the occasion.
I go to a friends home for New Years Eve. If it's cool enough I'll wear a sport coat (NO TIE) and my wife will wear something 'velvety'.
Courduroy would be appropriate for the 'tree lighting'; and don't forget about Valentine's Day. The rec ceneters have NYE celebrations where you might want to wear such clothing - personally not me tho'.
Again, it depends on the occasion & surroundings.
One outfit with variations should work.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 09-06-2011, 06:55 PM

Does anyone wear white shoes/sandals in the winter or is this a fashion faux pas?
Old 09-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Veteran member

You'll see everything here in TV in winter. That being said though, when we were getting ready to come down here I pretty much got rid of ALL my "up north" winter apparell. BIG mistake!! There will be cold/chilly days where you'll want your long slacks, sweaters and even winter coats. Sparingly though. If you're not pulling the trigger to come, leave some things in your closet up north..especially your favorits and bring them down next year!
Old 09-06-2011, 09:26 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TednRobin View Post
Does anyone wear white shoes/sandals in the winter or is this a fashion faux pas?
Who cares? You want to wear white...wear white. You have earned the right to put those kind of concerns in the past....
Old 09-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TednRobin View Post
Honestly, 99% of people won't care what you wear! You'll see everything from track pants to tiaras in TV. Most dress casually. Very few dress to impress. At this stage in life, most people just want to be comfortable.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:05 AM
Gold member

Whatever makes you feel good! I am looking forward to dressing comfortably the rest of my life...and comfort has no style!
Old 09-07-2011, 03:04 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Honestly, 99% of people won't care what you wear! You'll see everything from track pants to tiaras in TV.
Don't forget the clown in full costume that drives near LSL in his golf cart. I've seen him at least half a dozen times.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Honestly, 99% of people won't care what you wear! You'll see everything from track pants to tiaras in TV. Most dress casually. Very few dress to impress. At this stage in life, most people just want to be comfortable.
Just another reason I can't wait to move to TV!
Old 09-07-2011, 06:21 PM
Sage

If you like to dress up for holidays and nice occasions, you'll be just fine. If you don't, you'll be just fine. TVers don't care. We just wanna have fun.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.