Would you have waited?

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2017, 01:38 PM
Sage
Default Would you have waited?

Today I had a 12:00 appt for my haircut and color. It was with a hairdresser I had used for a cut two times prior. I had waited a week for this appt. I waited in the lobby until about 12:20.

She finally came out and said I'll be just a minute. I waited another 10 minutes. She put me in the chair and said what do you want done a cut? I said I'd like my roots colored and a haircut (which is what I had booked the appt for). She said you want a blow dry? I said yes. She looked at my hair and said well I do have Sally over there (she had color on her hair and was under the dryer while it processed) and I can start you when she is finished.

She put me in a chair in the lobby again with a book to look at. I waited for a while and finally she came and got Sally to wash her dye out. Figuring that Sally would be getting possibly a cut and blow dry, I was tired of waiting. Finally I just walked out. By the time I got in my car it was 12:50. Just as I was leaving someone else was just coming in the door at the front desk saying they had an appointment with my hairdresser as well! I actually was afraid to stay that I would have been given a less than stellar haircut and color. Needless to say I am looking for a new hairdresser.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:21 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,751 Times in 3,627 Posts

nope
Old 06-20-2017, 02:24 PM
Gold member

I don't blame you for walking out. Hairdressers are overbooking themselves. Not as important as a Dr so really personal decision. If she's not worth the wait, move on and don't feel guilty
Old 06-20-2017, 02:55 PM
Platinum member

30 minutes then out.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:11 PM

I would not have waited, and I would have been very irritated.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:20 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Thirty minutes is max. On the plus side, maybe your leaving got the hairdresser on time.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-20-2017, 04:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Thirty minutes is max. On the plus side, maybe your leaving got the hairdresser on time.
Yes it probably helped put her back on schedule although she still had to wash, cut and style the other lady and her 1:00 appt was already waiting.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:31 PM

Some businesses forget how difficult it is to get and retain customers. There's plenty of them to choose from. Bye-bye!
Old 06-22-2017, 07:49 PM
Sage

I agree she should have set aside 45 min to an hour for my cut and color yet she set no time for me. I will not be back.
Old 06-28-2017, 07:47 AM

I would have done the same thing.......that's why we make appointments!!
Old 06-28-2017, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Yes, I would have waited for MY hairdresser, but not for the one you went to see.

I have seen my hairdresser every month for the past 9 years, I have watched him grow from a talented student to a great hairdresser who knows my hair and me inside out. He is booked and not taking new clients and I have to book three months out with him - in fact I just booked to be able to see him at Christmas. When he comes to get me for my appointment he always asks how this and that is going, does he really care - probably not - but it makes a world of difference to me! My hairdresser has told me that his regular customers like me are his bread and butter.

So, my case is entirely different from yours and from your post I don't think she was particularly interested in keeping you as a client.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-28-2017, 10:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Yes, I would have waited for MY hairdresser, but not for the one you went to see.

I have seen my hairdresser every month for the past 9 years, I have watched him grow from a talented student to a great hairdresser who knows my hair and me inside out. He is booked and not taking new clients and I have to book three months out with him - in fact I just booked to be able to see him at Christmas. When he comes to get me for my appointment he always asks how this and that is going, does he really care - probably not - but it makes a world of difference to me! My hairdresser has told me that his regular customers like me are his bread and butter.

So, my case is entirely different from yours and from your post I don't think she was particularly interested in keeping you as a client.
She was not the greatest and I was trying to give her a chance to get better. She has two jobs and hairdressing is not her main job. She was trying to build clientele to make it her full time job. She was bad at washing hair as well. Did not scrub the head well and just wanted to get it over with. To me that is an important part of the entire experience. I tried to give her a chance but at this point will never refer anyone to her or go back again.
Closed Thread

Tags
waited, finally, sally, hairdresser, haircut

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.