Florida's Living Wage

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2016, 09:29 AM
Administrator
Default Florida's Living Wage

Old 06-24-2016, 09:45 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

error
Old 06-24-2016, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Pretty depressing especially when you look around central Florida outside of The Villages. How many do you think have a liveable wage?
Old 06-24-2016, 10:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Pretty depressing especially when you look around central Florida outside of The Villages. How many do you think have a liveable wage?
If people are not making as much money as you think they should, there are choices. Work another job, take some courses to get a skill that will increase your earnings. Move somewhere else. Be very careful with the money you make. Not everyone is born with the same abilities and maybe that is not fair. But it is a fact of life.

Last edited by graciegirl; 06-24-2016 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOTV Team View Post
What were you trying to tell us?
Old 06-24-2016, 11:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
If people are not making as much money as you think they should, there are choices. Work another job, take some courses to get a skill that will increase your earnings. Move somewhere else. Be very careful with the money you make. Not everyone is born with the same abilities and maybe that is not fair. But it is a fact of life.

Look around you, show me where all the large manufacturing companies are now. Tell me what a bachelors degree will get you today and how much it will cost to obtain that degree. It has more to do with the availability of good paying jobs than it has to do with ability.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:22 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickeyD View Post
Look around you, show me where all the large manufacturing companies are now. Tell me what a bachelors degree will get you today and how much it will cost to obtain that degree. It has more to do with the availability of good paying jobs than it has to do with ability.
It's a different world today. USA can not rely on large manufacturing company jobs. Unions destroyed them and there are much lower manufacturing wages across the water. The jobs are out there in the USA. The underemployed and unemployed (who want to work) do not have the appropriate skills/education for the openings.

I had three children graduate in the last three years. They selected appropriate fields..........fields they like and are in demand. One had a job six months before graduation and the other two got jobs just prior to graduation. Three different fields of study, but the placement rates for all three fields were in excess of 90%.

IMOA
Old 06-24-2016, 12:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Florida's Living Wage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

///
Old 06-24-2016, 12:30 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
It's a different world today. USA can not rely on large manufacturing company jobs. Unions destroyed them and there are much lower manufacturing wages across the water. The jobs are out there in the USA. The underemployed and unemployed (who want to work) do not have the appropriate skills/education for the openings.

I had three children graduate in the last three years. They selected appropriate fields..........fields they like and are in demand. One had a job six months before graduation and the other two got jobs just prior to graduation. Three different fields of study, but the placement rates for all three fields were in excess of 90%.

IMOA

So what would happen if everyone decided to enter the " appropriate " fields ?
Closed Thread

Tags
floridas, living, wage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.