Fishing Gear "Tune-Ups"

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2015, 05:58 PM
Sage
Thumbs down Fishing Gear "Tune-Ups"

I've got several fishing rods/reels that I haven't touched since we moved. They're all in reasonable working condition, but need some cleaning, oil, etc. I can do some of it, but it's been a long time and they probably need a little attention from somebody more knowledgeable than I am.

Anybody know anyplace/anybody who could help me out?
Old 01-25-2015, 09:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Cleaning and oiling reels is pretty easy to do; if you have internet access, look on you tube for some videos.

On the subject of fishing, what areas in TV can be fished, what type of fish can be caught and is it catch and keep or catch and release?
Old 01-25-2015, 10:16 PM
Platinum member
Default www.tvfreshwaterfishingclub.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
I've got several fishing rods/reels that I haven't touched since we moved. They're all in reasonable working condition, but need some cleaning, oil, etc. I can do some of it, but it's been a long time and they probably need a little attention from somebody more knowledgeable than I am.

Anybody know anyplace/anybody who could help me out?
Go to The Villages Freshwater Fishing | Covering the TV Freshwater Fishing Club and more click on Guides/Tackle/More ....scroll down and you find Basswater Tackle Shop – Rod & Reel Repair - Freshwater/Saltwater I-75 & CR 470, Lake Panasoffkee, FL, Phone: Neal Bedford 352-303-6791 nealbedford@ymail.com

Hope this'll help

Steve Henderson
Program Coordinator
Freshwater Fishing Club
Old 01-25-2015, 10:28 PM
Platinum member
Default www.tvfreshwaterfishingclub.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Cleaning and oiling reels is pretty easy to do; if you have internet access, look on you tube for some videos.

On the subject of fishing, what areas in TV can be fished, what type of fish can be caught and is it catch and keep or catch and release?
Click on The Villages Freshwater Fishing | Covering the TV Freshwater Fishing Club and more look across the top and you'll see Bank Fishing. All the information is listed on the web site. In short....all Village Ponds are catch and release....and by all means sign up for Trophy Catch!
Old 01-26-2015, 06:06 AM

Give Brookers bait & tackle in leesburg a call.
Old 01-26-2015, 06:34 AM
Platinum member
Default tvfreshwaterfishingclub.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm1717 View Post
Give Brookers bait & tackle in leesburg a call.
Brooker is an excellent source for bait & tackle, especially if you're a bass angler....Brooker replaces rod tips too.... but Brooker will refer you to Neal Bedford at Panasoffkee for the closest reel service

Neal Bedford - Basswater Tackle Shop - Reel Service
352-303-6791

Brooker Bait & Tackle
352-460-0695

The Villages Freshwater Fishing | Covering the TV Freshwater Fishing Club and more
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.