The Villages Yacht Club

Closed Thread
Old 05-31-2015, 01:14 PM
Default The Villages Yacht Club

We have found quite a few boat/yacht owners enjoying the Atlantic Coast (ICW) and we are sure there are several enjoying the Gulf Coast too. Is there enough interest to start 'The Villages Yacht Club'?

We have 3 couples from The Villages already with boats at Yacht Harbor Marina (Hammock Beach Resort). It is the best kept secret on the FL East Coast! The Harbormaster is very supportive of us starting a Yacht Club with a 'base of operation' at the Hammock Beach Resort's Yacht Harbor Marina.

If enough 'interest' we can also have monthly meetings in The Villages (share info, arrange cruises, etc).

This is the initial contact to see where this may lead!
Old 05-31-2015, 04:54 PM

We are one of the couples looking forward to finding those boaters interested in starting The Villages Yacht Club. We are looking for some creative forces who might come up with a cool logo for the group.
Old 05-31-2015, 06:31 PM

Logo!! Thinking of an Anchor! (see the 'T' and the 'V' in an anchor???)....
Old 05-31-2015, 06:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member

We left our yacht in Marina del Rey. Sorry we can't join you.
Old 05-31-2015, 08:13 PM
Veteran member

We were boaters and yacht club members for over thirty years but gave it up after cancer. Can we be in the club without a boat?

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 05-31-2015, 09:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandatime View Post
We were boaters and yacht club members for over thirty years but gave it up after cancer. Can we be in the club without a boat?
You should be able to. Why not? You can always crew on OPB.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:54 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Also a sailor with most ASA certifications and some RYA courses. I usually just charter a couple times a year. But would be interested in a club. I keep looking at owning but can't seem to close the financial equation over the cost of chartering. Have a 44 foot Catamaran booked for 10 days next February in the BVI. Just returned from there from two weeks on a 47 foot monohull. Would be willing to crew once in a while if anyone needs someone.

i
Old 06-01-2015, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
We left our yacht in Marina del Rey. Sorry we can't join you.
No matter where your yacht is located, we plan on holding meetings in TV to exchange info and plan trips. Gulf, Atlantic, NE Coast, Loopers, & Pacific...come one come all!

We have docked in SE IN (Ohio River-Lighthouse), Sanford (St John's River-Monroe Harbor Marina), Lambs Marina (Jacksonville, FL), Jacksonville South Marina, Coral Ridge Yacht Club (Ft Lauderdale, FL), Ft Pierce City Marina, Eau Gallie Yacht Club (NICE!!), Smyrna Yacht Club, Daytona Beach (Halifax Harbor Marina), & now Yacht Harbor Marina (Hammock Beach Resort- THE best Marina yet!!).
Old 06-01-2015, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Also a sailor with most ASA certifications and some RYA courses. I usually just charter a couple times a year. But would be interested in a club. I keep looking at owning but can't seem to close the financial equation over the cost of chartering. Have a 44 foot Catamaran booked for 10 days next February in the BVI. Just returned from there from two weeks on a 47 foot monohull. Would be willing to crew once in a while if anyone needs someone.

i
The progression of 'Boaters'.... 'Sail, Power, RV, Assisted Living'.... ....

We (planners of this group) are in the 'Power' stage but WELCOME Sailors too!! Your knowledge and experience will be a valued addition (with crew potential!!).
Old 06-01-2015, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
You should be able to. Why not? You can always crew on OPB.
Our 'plan' is to create a Club so as to exchange information and plan cruises (no matter where one keeps one's boat, there may be other Villager's in the area to share local info or plan a cruise).

There are many boat/yacht owners within The Villages and this is an attempt to let them become acquainted with each other. We may or may not form this club...it all depends on the response of boat/yacht owners within The Villages. NOTE: Those who have had boats/yachts in the past have MUCH to share! Those who plan on having a boat/yacht have much to gain!
Old 06-01-2015, 05:30 AM
Sage

Lived on a 49' motor yacht for 6 years & did close to 30,000 miles, the Great Loop, Nova Scotia, Montreal, Quebec, Bahamas, Key West, Texas, New Orleans, Lake Champlain ,Nashville---best time we every had.Commuted from Fl every spring to these destinations.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
Lived on a 49' motor yacht for 6 years & did close to 30,000 miles, the Great Loop, Nova Scotia, Montreal, Quebec, Bahamas, Key West, Texas, New Orleans, Lake Champlain ,Nashville---best time we every had.Commuted from Fl every spring to these destinations.
As with many of our boating/yachting friends, you have much to share!
Old 06-01-2015, 06:00 AM

If you are a boat/yacht owner and are interested in meeting with other boat/yacht owners (creating a club), please send me a private msg with your boat/yacht manufacturer/yr, boat/yacht name, dock/mooring location, & contact info.

If you were a boat/yacht owner and are interested in sharing info with an active group of boat/yacht owners, please send me a private msg with your past boat info.

We (our small group) would like to gather this info to see if there is 'enough' interest to get this potential group going.

MARGEEZ II
The Villages, FL
Sea Ray 420 AC
Currently docked at Yacht Harbor Marina (Hammock Beach Resort)
Past: MI inland lakes, Lake Brookville/IN, Ohio River/IN/OH, St Johns River/FL, ICW/E FL
Old 06-01-2015, 11:50 AM
Sage

The closest I came to being a yachter [is that a word?] was going fishing with a friend on his Grady White at Barnegat Light on the Jersey shore. I would split the gas, food, beer, driving and help wipe the boat down when we returned.

I was a good helper and good company. I'd like to do that again, if that's in the cards.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARGEEZ View Post
We have found quite a few boat/yacht owners enjoying the Atlantic Coast (ICW) and we are sure there are several enjoying the Gulf Coast too. Is there enough interest to start 'The Villages Yacht Club'?

We have 3 couples from The Villages already with boats at Yacht Harbor Marina (Hammock Beach Resort). It is the best kept secret on the FL East Coast! The Harbormaster is very supportive of us starting a Yacht Club with a 'base of operation' at the Hammock Beach Resort's Yacht Harbor Marina.

If enough 'interest' we can also have monthly meetings in The Villages (share info, arrange cruises, etc).

This is the initial contact to see where this may lead!
Count us in! We sold our Carver unfortunately but willing to go ad crew! Love boating!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.