Alexander Tile, Marble and Carpet

Alexander Tile, Marble and Carpet

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Alexander install
Old 05-15-2014, 11:09 AM

Default Alexander install

I had James and his crew in to install about 700 square feet of porcelain tile (wood look). I provided the tile and he provided the labor. They removed the carpet, cleaned, installed the new tile, and did a final clean-up. They showed up on time and got the work done a day early.
I would highly recommend him as an installer. Pricing was very favorable. I also like that he butted our old tile to the newly installed that he did. Other installers wanted to put in thresholds between the two as a transition. Our install looks much better then that.
Be sure you know what he is providing and what you are providing. We were to provide the tile, mastic (material holding tile to floor), and grout. We were not clear about the mastic and grout upfront. Anyway, he covered some and I covered some. It was very inexpensive but a surprise. Just be clear.
Good luck.

Old 07-18-2014, 11:25 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

ernie riesen , 352 347 7985
I had alexander tile do my shower in our master bedroom and am very pleased with the workmanship of it. I was impressed with him as I had all the mat'l to replace the walls and every thing but he pointed out the walls didn't need replacing except for about a foot on the bottom, thereby saving me some dollars. once the job was complete they cleaned up the area very well. prompt in starting the project when we agreed upon a date and time. if he couldn't make it on a day he called to let us know, which never was a problem.

Jackie -
BEFORE JOB - just contracted with Alexander TILE AND MARBLE to do my small lanai. Using him based on reviews here. I have to comment on how hard working and reliable he is. He gave me a window of time to give the estimate. He and his wife came within the time frame but called me to give me updates on their arrival time. When they came, James looked exhausted. He already had worked 10 hours and still had more places to go. What impressed me is that my job isn't going to be a big one....but he gave it as much attention as if it was. He's very knowledgeable and I was so impressed, we discussed redoing the shower--he had some great ideas and was very reasonable in pricing. he can do very narrow grout lines or even no grout lines. He gave me recommendations of where to shop for tile and a date for the start of work much sooner than I expected. I would recommend him....and I'll keep you updated with photos.

AFTER JOB - James finished my lanai today and it is beautiful. Tile is on a diagonal with minimal grout lines. I highly recommend him. He is reliable, honest, and a really hard worker.

Leftyf (TOTV member and customer) - Alexander Tile installed tile in our living room and 2 bedrooms. They started when they said they would and finished when they said they would. The also did an excellent job of installing the tile and cleaning up after themselves. What more could you ask for? We would highly recommend them.

OHnomore (TOTV member and customer) - I just had my living room tile installed. I was very pleased with the result. I used Alexander Tile & Marble. James, the owner, came when he promised he would; gave us a reasonable quote (we got 5); did the job expeditiously. We chose Alexander Tile because the owner does the work personally, works out of his home so there is no overhead, and has over twenty years experience. We would highly recommend the company.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-2014, 08:11 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdowpe View Post
I had James and his crew in to install about 700 square feet of porcelain tile (wood look). I provided the tile and he provided the labor. They removed the carpet, cleaned, installed the new tile, and did a final clean-up. They showed up on time and got the work done a day early.
I would highly recommend him as an installer. Pricing was very favorable. I also like that he butted our old tile to the newly installed that he did. Other installers wanted to put in thresholds between the two as a transition. Our install looks much better then that.
Be sure you know what he is providing and what you are providing. We were to provide the tile, mastic (material holding tile to floor), and grout. We were not clear about the mastic and grout upfront. Anyway, he covered some and I covered some. It was very inexpensive but a surprise. Just be clear.
Good luck.

Mr. Dow, thank you for your recommendation and constructive criticism. We are always striving to provide our customers with the best possible experience and always want to avoid confusion at any cost. We have since implemented new contracts that clearly state that the customer is responsible for all materials unless otherwise discussed so hopefully it will be more clear for customers in the future. Of course we always work hard to make sure jobs are completed on or before the discussed timeframe but never compromise quality of work to get anything done.

Call 352 753 4888 today to get a free quote.
Old 07-19-2014, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

Based on all these GREAT reviews on TOTV, we have James coming over Monday afternoon to measure and quote our job!

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 08-07-2014, 07:33 AM
Veteran member

Exceeded Expectations! James and Kris just finished removing all the carpet in our bedrooms and installing the new tile floors. They look great! Alexander tile works tirelessly to get the job done and the results show it. Add my name to the long list of more than satisfied customers. BTW, they will be back in a month to install the new back splash as well.

-Bob Seger-
Alexander Tile
Old 09-26-2014, 12:59 PM

Thumbs up Alexander Tile

We had Alexander Tile rip out all of the carpeting in our Lilly-floorplan newly constructed home, and replace it with tile throughout. We are very pleases with the finished result. Because we have the world's most adorable - but untrainable - dog, we choose to have James and Kristen apply GROUT REFRESH to both the new and existing tile. It is a labor intensive process, so expensive. After multiple coffee spills and accidents by "adorable dog" we feel it was well worth the extra expense. Clean-up is amazingly easy and the accident is totally undectable. How long will the GROUT REFRESH keep working? Supposedly 5 - 8 years. But, I'll let you know in future posts....

Alexander Tile supplies labor only. This is a good thing considering Florida's anti-consumer lein laws!
Old 09-28-2014, 07:49 AM
Veteran member

UPDATE: Finished backsplash and kitchen re model by Alexander Tile.

[IMG]The Villages Florida[/IMG]

-Bob Seger-
Old 11-25-2014, 05:20 PM

Chris and James did my back splash today, together, they work like a well oiled machine. They did a great job, good clean up and came to the job as promised. Alexander Tile is worth looking into for your tile and floor jobs.
Old 11-30-2014, 07:31 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Thank you Viki. We are glad you love your backsplash. We will be at
Talk to you soon when we do your grout stain!!
Old 01-16-2015, 01:18 PM

Location: Born and raised NYC raised the family on Long island, Now living the life

My wife and I new to the villages hired James to remove old carpeting and install tile in its place. He charges a fair price, not inexpensive, but fair. His work is excellent. Would highly recommend him for your next tile project.