Cleaning tile grout

Closed Thread
Old 04-10-2012, 10:32 AM
Default Cleaning tile grout

Moved into our new home 11/18/11 & now on our tile grout lines we have random black spots.
What is the BEST PRODUCT to buy to clean the grout & where do we purchase it?
It is NOT MOLD.

Last edited by Paperboy; 04-10-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,163 Times in 436 Posts
Default I posted this a few months ago

Finally, Finally found something that works on mold in shower grout.....Mold Armour, $2.99 at Publix......I tried everything, pure bleach to $10.00 a bottle Mold and Tile cleaner....Wanted to pass on to anyone else with this problem.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:53 PM

Paperboy: My sister found a product on one of those TV purchasing programs but "it really works." They have several colors to choose from and you do have to order via their web site. I have not used the product but she used this stuff on her grout lines on the bathroom floors, showers, etc a few years ago (four +) and they still look new. Grout Finish So long as your spots really aren't mold, this will probably do what you want.
Old 05-31-2012, 12:20 AM
Sage
Question Does anyone know...

The name and number of someone that will come out and clean tile floors and grout. Especially grout. Our floors really are well taken care of, but the grout seems to be getting darker and darker. Never having this much tile up North, I'm not quite sure what to do. Anyone have the number of an expert???

One of my friends thinks she has one, but doesn't hurt to have two!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 05:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperboy View Post
Moved into our new home 11/18/11 & now on our tile grout lines we have random black spots.
What is the BEST PRODUCT to buy to clean the grout & where do we purchase it?
It is NOT MOLD.
Try Mr.Clean Magic Eraser Pad. I use it for my tiled floor and grout, but it is a "hands and knees" job! I have tile throughout my living areas and I do the job in sections when it needs doing. Miserable job, but I have found this is the only way to clean tile and grout.

I have had a professional steam cleaner and the steam mops, but nothing works like getting down on your hands and knees.
Old 05-31-2012, 07:01 AM
Dancing Thyme

Chels, here is an advertiser on TOTV who does carpets and tile grout... I'm gonna call him about my wood floors.

Flooring, Tile, Grout CLEANING!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 05-31-2012, 07:52 AM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

we have virtually eliminated problems from excessive bathroom moisture by wiping our shower down with a microfiber towel after daily use! it takes just a minute before toweling dry and the microfiber towel dries fast enough to make the laundry basket before the end of the day! i sometimes use it when damp to wipe down the tile floors in the bathroom in between a real cleaning!

don't feel like doing that much after showering - using one of those window cleaners with the rubber edge helps gets the excess water off of shower walls and doors, too.

Old 05-31-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24 View Post
The name and number of someone that will come out and clean tile floors and grout. Especially grout. Our floors really are well taken care of, but the grout seems to be getting darker and darker. Never having this much tile up North, I'm not quite sure what to do. Anyone have the number of an expert???

One of my friends thinks she has one, but doesn't hurt to have two!!!
Desmond Harris, the gentleman who cleans dryer vents, also does tile floors and grout. Just had him do mine yesterday and it certainly cleaned things up and made it look much better. His office number is 352-308-9243.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Sage
Arrow Thanks all!

Hands and knees! EEEEEEKS!!! I'd never get up again!!! hahaha! I'm ooooooooold!!! Thanks Kathie and Ivy for the numbers!
Old 08-14-2012, 03:39 PM
Veteran member

Mold Armour from Publix really does work. Spray, wait a few minutes and rinse.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 08-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
Mold Armour from Publix really does work. Spray, wait a few minutes and rinse.
Agree, it's like magic!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.