Shoddy Work

Closed Thread
Old 10-10-2018, 10:30 AM
Default Shoddy Work

We have had a terrible experience with CARPET ONE and rate it worse than bad. We contracted to have tile work done in our kitchen, foyer and guest bathroom. It took them over five months to install it. It was the worst job ever. Other tile contractors told us they never saw such horrible work. CARPET ONE told us we have to pay for the entire job up front before they will come back and fix it. Unhappily we did. After months they did (a fix) and it wasn't any better. We had to hire Roberto's to come in and rip up the entire job and redo it with the same tile originally picked out and now it is beautiful but CARPET ONE refused to reimburse us more than $6000.00 for the shoddy work they performed. Do not commission CARPET ONE for any work.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Time for Morgan and Morgan...……………………..
Old 10-11-2018, 06:44 AM
Veteran member
Default Shoddy work

Shoddy work by shoddy folks is common here. The Problem:
We have no support form any agency or the Villages when that happens. I reported a bummer of a guy and they said he was not licensed, not insured, but he is still working here.
In another state we could report them and get results, on your own here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, BE CAREFUL

Old 10-11-2018, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

OP, file complaints with the BBB, and Seniors against Crime. If you paid by credit card you might have some leverage, but since you state months went by it may be too late. Call and write to Carpet One corporate headquarters about the poor workmanship. Hopefully you took photos of the problems, you could try small claims court or at least contact a lawyer for an initial free consultation.
One of the problems i have seen here is that many of the service firms used subcontractors and not employees, the subcontractors may not have any training, etc. I had a contractor out to do 1 year warranty repairs, after they left within 2 months I had to repair their repairs, the guy had no idea what he was doing....

Tags
work, carpet, job, tile, shoddy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.