Dont buy from city furniture

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2017, 09:49 AM
Default Dont buy from city furniture

Having a horrible experience. Bought king bedroom in July 2017. After five delivery efforts we still don’t have a bed we can sleep on. They keep showing up with the same bed frame that doesn’t have support legs.
Old 12-15-2017, 10:18 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

No argument from me. Poor customer relations. Rarely get a complete order. Really don’t stand behind their product.

They do have some of the nicest delivery guys I’ve ever met, though.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-15-2017, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joorn59 View Post
Having a horrible experience. Bought king bedroom in July 2017. After five delivery efforts we still don’t have a bed we can sleep on. They keep showing up with the same bed frame that doesn’t have support legs.
We had a similar experience. Horrible delivery and customer service and poorly built furniture. We bought the rest of our furniture from estate sales and used furniture stores and got great quality furniture for much less.
Old 12-15-2017, 11:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

I explained to the salesman that we would inspect all the furniture under our carport and if acceptable it would be brought into the house. His reply was ok then you want a full delivery? What? They have two deliveries to the door and inside and set up in place. Different prices for each. Because of those who had difficulties before me we moved cautiously with City. When all was said and done the dining room and bedroom is exactly what you would expect from a middle of the road store. The delivery people were excellent. If anything showed up damaged then the entire order would go back. I will never wait for a repair again, ever. They have some nice furniture just be careful with the details.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:07 PM

Many people have had issues with City Furniture unfortunately. We had problems getting our bed as well, the side rails were back ordered so though they delivered most of the bed it could not be put together without the rails. I will say, our salesperson called when she saw the rails weren't delivered and said she would make it right since she didn't want us to be without a place to sleep. Since we had a mattress I told her no worries. You may want to bring that up with your salesperson. I don't know what ours would have done to make it right...a hotel? A rental bed? I just thought it was good customer service that it was offered. She may have been a rarity though.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:07 AM

Here is my experience as I related to City Furniture:

In Sept. 2016 we purchased an Erin Living Room Set. 14 months later the entire wooden base separated from the sofa. I contacted warranty on 12/4 with photos. I was told someone would contact me in 24 hours. NO RESPONSE On 12/7 I resubmitted my claim, again I was told some one would contact me in 24 hours..Again..NO RESPONSE. I had to hire a carpenter who removed the frame, reassembled it with proper screws, and reinstalled it under the sofa. Cost me $200.00 On 12/13 I called and spoke to Kageene Cheramy at Customer Service. She agreed to credit me $50.00 (unfair but better than nothing).2 weeks later I emailed about the credit..NO RESPONSE . It is bad enough that the sofa is poor quality, but the total lack of customer service is inexcusable. I expect this credit to be issued, or is this just an excuse. Worse Customer Service Ever!!!!
Old 01-12-2018, 06:58 PM

Similar experience preceded by indifferent sales people. After living with the furniture for less than 6 months, it began to deteriorate. Amazing how poorly made City Furniture is.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:22 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh

Made in china

Tags
bed, showing, sleep, buy, doesn’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.