Lazy Boy store in Ocala-do not go to

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Default Lazy Boy store in Ocala-do not go to

We are so disappointed in a chair that we bought there for $1000. and has been sat on for a total of 70 days and has fallen apart. The back of the chair has bald spots were threads are coming out just from over 2 months wear. The store will do absolutely nothing and Lazy boy wont either. what a terrible warranty-they wont even fix it as obviously the material is defective.. Their service was very disappointing. We will never go back there.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:33 PM

That's too bad, the experience we had with Lazy Boy was awesome. We bought 2 leather recliners in Indiana in 1988, and brought them to Florida with us. My wife decided she didn't like them here so they were sold at Bargins and Treasures. They were in very good condition when sold.
I'm surprised that the store or Lazy Boy wouldn't make it right.
Old 01-31-2012, 04:38 PM
Sage
Default Lazyboy chair

We bought a Lazyboy recliner where I currently live and we love it. It wears wonderful. What material is the one you have that's defective? I would write to the corporate office and see if you could get some satisfaction. We were going to Ocala Lazyboy when we moved...if they don't stand behind their product we will have to deal with another brand. I fell in love with a Lazyboy chair in North Carolina and it was 1,100. I would have a cow if it was defective and they didn't correct it. Good luck.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:43 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

The Lazyboy stores no longer handle service and went to a central service more than two years ago. If you haven't already done so, contact their customer service at 734-242-1444 and quiry them about your problem and see what they say.

I had a heavy duty lift chair that gave me problem that were taken care of then shortly after the warranty expired the chair broke and after a couple visits and determination that they couldn't fix it, the gave me a credit toward purchasing another new chair. I just had to pay the balance since I chose a more expensive model.

It took a while to resolve and I did have to pay a labor charge of over $100, but they did come through and didn't leave me with a loss of well over $1000. The furnature itself (not labor) is supposed to be guaranteed for life... unless something has changed since this past summer! Good luck!

p.s. We've been LazyBoy customers for more than 35 years!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 01-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Sage

We special ordered two chairs from a Laz-e-boy dealer. We noticed a few months later one of them had a frayed tear or snag in the fabric under one of the arms.

Fortunately, we had purchased a 5-year guarantee so we took photos of the damage and filed a claim. The insurance company promptly repaired it.

When we examined the damaged fabric that they removed it was clear that the wrong side of the fabric had been slashed during manufacture. Both the store and the owner of the protection policy were uninterested in hearing this.

My conclusion is there isn't a great deal of quality control at Laz-e-Boy anymore.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:08 AM
Thumbs up Lazy Boy

I understand having a bad experience with a product can sour one's opinion towards a business. But, in fairness, condemning the Ocala Lazyboy store is not fair. I have purchased several Lazyboy chairs and have been satisfied with the product and it's quality.

Here is what I know about Lazyboy based upon my prior purchase history. Fabric will wear over time, this is why I go with leather and pay the additional price, it is worth it to me. If the fabric is pulled, chewed or ripped from a pet (often happens) they are not required to replace it. The same goes with any type of sharp object that punctures the fabric (scissors, crochet needles, knives). I have shopped at the Ocala Lazyboy and they do not deserve the hit given by the poster. The sales people are friendly and knowledgeable about their inventory and point out the limitations on their warranty. Remember the adage, you can not please everybody, believe me, it resonates in the Customer Service World. I recommend Ocala Lazyboy for anyone looking for quality furniture and I am speaking as a satisfied customer.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1954 View Post
I understand having a bad experience with a product can sour one's opinion towards a business. But, in fairness, condemning the Ocala Lazyboy store is not fair. I have purchased several Lazyboy chairs and have been satisfied with the product and it's quality.

Here is what I know about Lazyboy based upon my prior purchase history. Fabric will wear over time, this is why I go with leather and pay the additional price, it is worth it to me. If the fabric is pulled, chewed or ripped from a pet (often happens) they are not required to replace it. The same goes with any type of sharp object that punctures the fabric (scissors, crochet needles, knives). I have shopped at the Ocala Lazyboy and they do not deserve the hit given by the poster. The sales people are friendly and knowledgeable about their inventory and point out the limitations on their warranty. Remember the adage, you can not please everybody, believe me, it resonates in the Customer Service World. I recommend Ocala Lazyboy for anyone looking for quality furniture and I am speaking as a satisfied customer.

If they didn't stand behind the product within 70 days. They do deserve the hit. I don't. Care how "friendly" the staff is, a $1,000 chair should last longer then 70 days.

If you buy a chair and have no trouble with it, of course they are wonderful. The test of how good a store is, is how they treat you when there is a problem.

Lazy-boy claims customer service. But if you google it, you will find that not to be the case. For my money , I will shop elsewhere.

I might add that I have owned lazy boy chairs and had no problems. But I know that when you do they don't want to stand behind it.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
If they didn't stand behind the product within 70 days. They do deserve the hit. I don't. Care how "friendly" the staff is, a $1,000 chair should last longer then 70 days.

If you buy a chair and have no trouble with it, of course they are wonderful. The test of how good a store is, is how they treat you when there is a problem.

Lazy-boy claims customer service. But if you google it, you will find that not to be the case. For my money , I will shop elsewhere.

I might add that I have owned lazy boy chairs and had no problems. But I know that when you do they don't want to stand behind it.
I agree. The store is only as good as their customer service and willingness to back their product.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post

I agree with robertj, but I also have to agree that Lazyboy should do a better job in resolving problems in a timely manner. My lost respect for them was restored when they finally offered to replace my lift chair, but I shouldn't have been put through the hoops in getting it resolved, spending several weeks of not being able to use my failed chair as well as the additional stress of getting er'done by the time our moving truck came to move our things down here. It was virtually days before our move when we received the new chair.
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 02-01-2012, 11:04 AM
Default Kent Furniture/Lane Recliner

I purchased a leather Lane recliner from Kent Furniture. Several months later (I think about 10 mos later) I noticed that the color of the leather in headrest area had faded and was noticibly lighter. I have never experienced this on any leather furniture in the past. Kent furniture send a serviceman out to take pictures of the chair and to record the serial numbers, etc. They contacted Lane and they provided me with a brand new replacement chair. I will go to Kent first for my furniture needs in the future. They and Lane stand behind their products!
Old 02-01-2012, 12:42 PM

Lazy-Boy is no longer made in America. Maybe that's part of the problem.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertj1954 View Post

I would have a marching band parading up and down in front of the store.
THE CUSTOMER IS THE LIFEBLOOD OF THIS AND EVERY OTHER COMPANY ON THE PLANET.
IF the store wants return customers and POSITIVE feedback, THE STORE MUST stand behind their products that THEY CHOSE TO SELL.
If you went to an ortho doc and got a new knee, would you expect the doc to stand behind his/her work and fix a problem they inadvertently created? If the makers of the prosthetic device ignored you would you not retain an attorney? I BET you would.
Absolutely no difference. KENT FURNITURE HAS SCREWED THESE PEOPLE AND I, FOR ONE, SUPPORT THEM AND WILL NOT SHOP THERE. SHAME ON THEM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.