Donating Furniture

Closed Thread
Old 07-22-2018, 09:23 AM
Default Donating Furniture

I've recently purchased an older home in The Villages that came with furniture that I don't need. The furniture is old-fashioned, such as what I would call Early American, but in decent shape. I'm trying to donate it somewhere, but I keep hearing they don't want anything unless it's saleable, and old-fashioned isn't saleable. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaBo View Post
I've recently purchased an older home in The Villages that came with furniture that I don't need. The furniture is old-fashioned, such as what I would call Early American, but in decent shape. I'm trying to donate it somewhere, but I keep hearing they don't want anything unless it's saleable, and old-fashioned isn't saleable. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You can try calling the Vincent De Paul Society at St Mark’s Church on route 42 tomorrow morning around 10:00. Explain your situation and they will arrange to have it picked up. They can answer any questions you may have. They do have a regular pick up of things at St Marks Church the 2nd Tuesday of every month. But for bigger items you need to call to arrange for pickup.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:56 PM

Thanks very much for that information.
Old 07-22-2018, 07:02 PM
Gold member

Try freecycle dot org. List what you have and donate to someone who really needs it.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Closed Thread

Tags
furniture, saleable, old-fashioned, hearing, donate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.