Postal Worker Arrested for Mail Theft

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2022, 11:35 PM
Editor
Default Postal Worker Arrested for Mail Theft

On Jan. 9, United States Attorney Roger B. Handberg announced the filing of a criminal complaint and arrest of 25-year-old Miranda Delee Farleigh for theft of mail by a postal employee. Farleigh faces a maximum penalty of five years in federal prison if found guilty. According to court documents, Farleigh worked as an employee of

More...
Old 01-11-2022, 06:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Bit late with this report.
Story was covered, and with a lot more information, by the online paper 3/4 days ago.
Kudos to the charged persons parents for reporting their daughter to Lady Lake Postmaster.
Old 01-11-2022, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gazette View Post
On Jan. 9, United States Attorney Roger B. Handberg announced the filing of a criminal complaint and arrest of 25-year-old Miranda Delee Farleigh for theft of mail by a postal employee. Farleigh faces a maximum penalty of five years in federal prison if found guilty. According to court documents, Farleigh worked as an employee of

More...
Interesting. We lived in the Spanish Springs area and used the postal facility right next to TDS. We requested absentee ballots and they never made it to our mailbox, twice, for a total of 4 ballots. I tried to complain to the Sumter county election office on Powell road, but they didn't seem to care.
Old 01-11-2022, 07:36 AM

Watching this carefully and so is my insurance company that filled my claim for my watch that was mailed at Lady lake postal station.
Old 01-11-2022, 07:58 AM
Veteran member

We are extremely lucky in the United States to have the postal service run in general efficiently and with virtually no theft like in many other countries where it's impossible to actually receive a package. I applaud her parents. From the report obviously the postal police were not really involved investigating this and I am really ashamed to hear that nothing was done previously
Old 01-11-2022, 08:04 AM
Default We Too Had Trouble With Mail

I have not received 8 copies of People magazine in last 6 months. I don't know where they go but they never arrived through mail. My daughter also sent us gift cards on 12-14-2021 and never got them until 1-8-22. We called her and I asked her if she taped the envelope closed and she said "no". Also in envelope was a post card from Kentucky that she did not know who it was. Maybe this piece of mail was from the "crook" postal worker who looked for money then resealed envelope and put it aside?
Old 01-11-2022, 08:21 AM
Default Postal theft

Lock her up
Old 01-11-2022, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gazette View Post

More...
The max is only 5 years! wow! A black woman in Texas got that for accidentally voting when she wasn't eligible.
Old 01-11-2022, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharris View Post
Interesting. We lived in the Spanish Springs area and used the postal facility right next to TDS. We requested absentee ballots and they never made it to our mailbox, twice, for a total of 4 ballots. I tried to complain to the Sumter county election office on Powell road, but they didn't seem to care.
You should check (if possible) and see if you voted last election (ie did someone use the absentee ballot).
Old 01-11-2022, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proveone View Post
The max is only 5 years! wow! A black woman in Texas got that for accidentally voting when she wasn't eligible.
How would one vote without being eligible to do so? Don't they ask for ID or at the least your name when you go to the polling precinct?
Old 01-12-2022, 07:29 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miharris View Post
Same thing happened to us. We drove over 900 miles back to Langhorne Pennsylvania so we could cast our vote in person.
Old 01-12-2022, 07:36 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk1126 View Post
Lock her up
Definitely! And for the full 5 years! Will it be necessary for us to send our mail registered in the future?? An example needs to be made of this to discourage it from happening again
Old 01-12-2022, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbob View Post
I have not received 8 copies of People magazine in last 6 months. I don't know where they go but they never arrived through mail. My daughter also sent us gift cards on 12-14-2021 and never got them until 1-8-22. We called her and I asked her if she taped the envelope closed and she said "no". Also in envelope was a post card from Kentucky that she did not know who it was. Maybe this piece of mail was from the "crook" postal worker who looked for money then resealed envelope and put it aside?
only secure way to send gift cards with a card in a priority envelope, might cost a bit more but it gets there. Thieves can feel the envelope and know what's inside, I have had gift cards go missing for years until I started sending Priority mail.
Old 01-12-2022, 09:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proveone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
How would one vote without being eligible to do so? Don't they ask for ID or at the least your name when you go to the polling precinct?
Guess you missed the Texas part........................
Old 01-12-2022, 09:20 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,193 Times in 761 Posts

Now I know where my missing mail went....
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.