COVID Case Update

Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2022, 10:45 PM
Editor
Default COVID Case Update

As most Villagers know, The Villages spans through three different counties. Here are the number of new COVID cases as of June 22, according to the CDC website. In Lake County, there have been about 292 new cases over the last week. About 17 of those cases were admitted to the hospital, and no deaths

More...
Old 06-24-2022, 05:58 AM
Default Covid Cases

Does anyone know if the counties of the Villages is counting Covid cases using fecal water or reported cases?
Old 06-24-2022, 06:06 AM
Default Stop the fear mongering

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gazette View Post
As most Villagers know, The Villages spans through three different counties. Here are the number of new COVID cases as of June 22, according to the CDC website. In Lake County, there have been about 292 new cases over the last week. About 17 of those cases were admitted to the hospital, and no deaths

More...
Stop the propaganda!!

We don’t want to hear about the flu- we all know the truth now- it was exaggerated and weaponized to create a crisis to see if people would give up their common sense, critical thinking skills and liberty for the false promise of safety. It was nothing more than a submission training exercise.

Ben Franklin said “any society willing to give up a little liberty to gain a little security, deserves to lose both and always does”.

Freedom is risky, dangerous, nothing guaranteed but it’s the only life worth living.
Old 06-24-2022, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gazette View Post

More...
Why would you go to the bother of publishing this info? Just wondering
Old 06-24-2022, 06:53 AM
Default Why Not Publish

If you don’t want to hear about the “flu” pass by the article. Why criticize someone who was sharing information.

Information is freedom. Use your mind and read all sides of an issue, not just the conspiracy theories, that’s FREEDOM. Freedom is not wanting to read about or having the media expound only what YOU believe. What hypocrites people have become.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushkie View Post
Stop the propaganda!!

We don’t want to hear about the flu- we all know the truth now- it was exaggerated and weaponized to create a crisis to see if people would give up their common sense, critical thinking skills and liberty for the false promise of safety. It was nothing more than a submission training exercise.

Ben Franklin said “any society willing to give up a little liberty to gain a little security, deserves to lose both and always does”.

Freedom is risky, dangerous, nothing guaranteed but it’s the only life worth living.
Old 06-24-2022, 06:58 AM

Hey Mushkie , Stop being inconsiderate. My goodness, everybody knows someone who has died of Covid.
Denial won’t make it go away .
Your Just being hurtful to the people who have lost loved ones to Covid or have long Covid symptoms. You obviously don’t work in a hospital or have any kind of medical training . The numbers of new Covid cases is under reported due to those that show no symptoms don’t get tested.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:02 AM

Not many people care anymore
Old 06-24-2022, 07:05 AM

They do both testing of waste treatment plants and Covid tests while we see people with Covid that have no symptoms not getting tested so the actual numbers are
under reported .
Old 06-24-2022, 07:11 AM

The only problem now is that people take at home tests and may not report they have it or don’t have symptoms so don’t know they have it and can give it to others.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:13 AM

The flu? More people have died of Covid than they ever did the flu!
Old 06-24-2022, 07:20 AM

So the problem is many people are getting Covid and don't have symptoms or think it's a cold and are out an about spreading it everywhere they go. Very few are wearing masks in large gatherings like the supermarket, etc, and so all you need is one person spreading virus and everyone is adpt to get it. To make it worse, i've known people who get "this cold" and won't even take a home test to see if they have Covid. They are very dismissive because they don't feel very sick. If you felt like you have a cold and take a test and test positive all you need to do is wear a maske for a couple of days and you would reduce the amount of people you infect. In the big scheme of things i don't think having to wear a mask for a couple of days is such a burden especially if it helps protect others.

On the other hand there are still many people who do get very sick and although they don't die they could have like long conditions from this virus but again many don't care about that.

I know many including myself who got all their shots and two boosters and still got Covid. The vaccine is doing what it's supposed to in most cases meaning getting a mild case of Covid and that's good but you are not immune. Even if you have all your shots and even if you get Covid mild case or not you can still get it over and over and maybe the 2nd time you may not be so lucky.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:22 AM

Went to the hospital walk in. Had fever and a wicked sore throat. They tested for strep (multiple strains , and the current flu) I asked about testing for covid. Dr told me it would take 2 - 3 days for them to get the results, and cost me 150.00 for the test. If I really wanted to know do a home test or go to (gave me the location of free testing). I asked about meds as I am an "at risk" individual. Her response was that, if I wanted treatment buy a drugstore test and bring it back to them if positive. If I insisted they would give me the meds based on that. Went on to say she would not advise taking the meds unless I was horizontal. The way they are dealing with it now if, if you are vertical, go home and you will most likely beat it in 3 to 5 days. If you are horizontal, unable to walk without sitting, difficulty breathing etc, then they give the meds. She advised against taking them unless you were on the way to the hospital. I "ASSUME" that this is a new strain? Being told not to worry is a very different message.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattihopeBB View Post
If you don’t want to hear about the “flu” pass by the article. Why criticize someone who was sharing information.

Information is freedom. Use your mind and read all sides of an issue, not just the conspiracy theories, that’s FREEDOM. Freedom is not wanting to read about or having the media expound only what YOU believe. What hypocrites people have become.
It is ok for people to add critical posts to the OP. It is what makes up a community.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushkie View Post
Stop the propaganda!!

I am continually amazed by the lack of scientific knowledge that surrounds us in The Villages. I guess I believed that facts and science ruled and now believe that there were many states who did not teach the critical thinking skills that you mentioned. I am so sorry that your state failed in that endeavor. Please tell the
1 million families that have lost their loved ones that their death's were exaggerated.
Old 06-24-2022, 07:57 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
So the problem is many people are getting Covid and don't have symptoms or think it's a cold and are out an about spreading it everywhere they go. Very few are wearing masks in large gatherings like the supermarket, etc, and so all you need is one person spreading virus and everyone is adpt to get it. To make it worse, i've known people who get "this cold" and won't even take a home test to see if they have Covid. They are very dismissive because they don't feel very sick. If you felt like you have a cold and take a test and test positive all you need to do is wear a maske for a couple of days and you would reduce the amount of people you infect. In the big scheme of things i don't think having to wear a mask for a couple of days is such a burden especially if it helps protect others.

On the other hand there are still many people who do get very sick and although they don't die they could have like long conditions from this virus but again many don't care about that.

I know many including myself who got all their shots and two boosters and still got Covid. The vaccine is doing what it's supposed to in most cases meaning getting a mild case of Covid and that's good but you are not immune. Even if you have all your shots and even if you get Covid mild case or not you can still get it over and over and maybe the 2nd time you may not be so lucky.
That you for your accurate information.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.