COVID Case Update

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2022, 07:59 AM

Your bitter cognitive dissonance will not permit you to understand or accept this fact, but approximately 75,000 fellow Americans died from covid (what you call the flu), IN FLORIDA. But you think this if fake, right?
Old 06-24-2022, 08:01 AM
Default The Flu?

Approximately 75,000 fellow Americans died from covid (what you call the flu), IN FLORIDA. But you think this if fake, right?
Old 06-24-2022, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,388 Times in 2,066 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
Went to the hospital walk in. Had fever and a wicked sore throat. They tested for strep (multiple strains , and the current flu) I asked about testing for covid. Dr told me it would take 2 - 3 days for them to get the results, and cost me 150.00 for the test. If I really wanted to know do a home test or go to (gave me the location of free testing). I asked about meds as I am an "at risk" individual. Her response was that, if I wanted treatment buy a drugstore test and bring it back to them if positive. If I insisted they would give me the meds based on that. Went on to say she would not advise taking the meds unless I was horizontal. The way they are dealing with it now if, if you are vertical, go home and you will most likely beat it in 3 to 5 days. If you are horizontal, unable to walk without sitting, difficulty breathing etc, then they give the meds. She advised against taking them unless you were on the way to the hospital. I "ASSUME" that this is a new strain? Being told not to worry is a very different message.
That seems to be poor advice. Since the Paxlovid meds (and the antibody meds before that) work best if administered in the first five days, waiting until you are horizontal puts you beyond the help of those.

On the other hand, most people seem to be recovering without any assistance at all.

It probably wouldn't hurt to get a second opinion, especially if one is high risk. We did that. Would we have recovered without the Paxlovid? Probably. Did the Paxlovid speed the recover? We felt better the very next day.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-24-2022, 09:05 AM

Wow. Just wow
Old 06-24-2022, 09:12 AM
Default Covid denial

QUOTE=jrref;2109710]So the problem is many people are getting Covid and don't have symptoms or think it's a cold and are out an about spreading it everywhere they go. Very few are wearing masks in large gatherings like the supermarket, etc, and so all you need is one person spreading virus and everyone is adpt to get it. To make it worse, i've known people who get "this cold" and won't even take a home test to see if they have Covid. They are very dismissive because they don't feel very sick. If you felt like you have a cold and take a test and test positive all you need to do is wear a maske for a couple of days and you would reduce the amount of people you infect. In the big scheme of things i don't think having to wear a mask for a couple of days is such a burden especially if it helps protect others.

On the other hand there are still many people who do get very sick and although they don't die they could have like long conditions from this virus but again many don't care about that.

I know many including myself who got all their shots and two boosters and still got Covid. The vaccine is doing what it's supposed to in most cases meaning getting a mild case of Covid and that's good but you are not immune. Even if you have all your shots and even if you get Covid mild case or not you can still get it over and over and maybe the 2nd time you may not be so lucky.[/QUOTE]

My brother refused to get vaccinated. He was scheduled for a hip replacement on Jan. 31. I kept telling him to get vaccinated but he refused. I called him a few days after his scheduled surgery to see how he was doing. He said when he was tested for COVID pre surgery he had tested positive. Then he started to brag that he was positive for COVID and never felt sick.
His surgery was rescheduled for March 24. That had to be canceled too. Because he had developed long COVID. He hadn’t been able to get out of bed since January. There was nothing to do for him either. He’s still not feeling great but at least he is getting around better. Maybe he should have been vaccinated? IDK. Would a vaccination prevented long COVID? All I know is if anyone was as sick as my brother had been from COVID, they wouldn’t deny there was a GLOBAL PANDEMIC.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:24 AM
Platinum member
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine1974 View Post
They do both testing of waste treatment plants and Covid tests while we see people with Covid that have no symptoms not getting tested so the actual numbers are
under reported .
The two NSCUDD plants do not test for Covid.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:50 AM
Send a message via AIM to joelfmi
Default Medical narrative satements made like fish begin to smell on the third day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushkie View Post
Stop the propaganda!!

We don’t want to hear about the flu- we all know the truth now- it was exaggerated and weaponized to create a crisis to see if people would give up their common sense, critical thinking skills and liberty for the false promise of safety. It was nothing more than a submission training exercise.

Ben Franklin said “any society willing to give up a little liberty to gain a little security, deserves to lose both and always does”.

Freedom is risky, dangerous, nothing guaranteed but it’s the only life worth living.
After more than 2 years of narrative I am completely in the believe that you are right in what you say and think. keep it up we need a sensible and sober person like you that speaks out about what he believes is going on.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsport View Post
I am continually amazed by the lack of scientific knowledge that surrounds us in The Villages. I guess I believed that facts and science ruled and now believe that there were many states who did not teach the critical thinking skills that you mentioned. I am so sorry that your state failed in that endeavor. Please tell the
1 million families that have lost their loved ones that their death's were exaggerated.
More people died of heart disease in that same period. We don’t see daily updates on that. Any idea why?
Old 06-24-2022, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine1974 View Post
Hey Mushkie , Stop being inconsiderate. My goodness, everybody knows someone who has died of Covid.
Denial won’t make it go away .
Your Just being hurtful to the people who have lost loved ones to Covid or have long Covid symptoms. You obviously don’t work in a hospital or have any kind of medical training . The numbers of new Covid cases is under reported due to those that show no symptoms don’t get tested.
I know no one who has died from Covid. I know two people who suddenly died after taking the shot tho.
Old 06-24-2022, 09:56 AM

I felt what was an allergy a few days before Mother’s Day. On Mother’s Day I got THE Headache and a cough! I rarely get headaches. The next morning I tested myself and was positive. I did it again because I couldn’t believe it. I called my Dr., he prescribed Paxlovid. I picked up the meds, gloved and masked and started them. The medication is free. I was pretty sick during the night. I woke up Tuesday morning and was 90% better. I was elated! I had the vaccine, but it was expired. I did not take the boosters. I never had Covid and was scared to death to get it. I am over 70, have autoimmune thyroid and have asthma. Dr. told me I can take it if I get Covid again. So let’s stop letting this disease run our lives. I had no side effects from Paxlovid, but it does taste nasty. I’ll take nasty over sickness anytime! I am grateful and relieved to be rid of the fear of this virus.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:17 AM

Did you loose anyone to covid? It is nothing like the flu.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynjim View Post
Did you loose anyone to covid? It is nothing like the flu.
Personally, I didn’t. However I did lose someone in this time period to heart disease and another to cancer. Where are the daily/weekly/monthly updates on those diseases? Sure they’re out there if you want to dig them up. It’s only the RONA that gets updated on multiple social media sites such as this. Seems that there is a conscious effort in keeping fear alive for the RONA. No such effort for much more deadly diseases.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyseguy View Post
Went to the hospital walk in. Had fever and a wicked sore throat. They tested for strep (multiple strains , and the current flu) I asked about testing for covid. Dr told me it would take 2 - 3 days for them to get the results, and cost me 150.00 for the test. If I really wanted to know do a home test or go to (gave me the location of free testing). I asked about meds as I am an "at risk" individual. Her response was that, if I wanted treatment buy a drugstore test and bring it back to them if positive. If I insisted they would give me the meds based on that. Went on to say she would not advise taking the meds unless I was horizontal. The way they are dealing with it now if, if you are vertical, go home and you will most likely beat it in 3 to 5 days. If you are horizontal, unable to walk without sitting, difficulty breathing etc, then they give the meds. She advised against taking them unless you were on the way to the hospital. I "ASSUME" that this is a new strain? Being told not to worry is a very different message.
Had a fairly mild case of covid last month and doctor proscribed paxlovid for it. Worked well with symptoms getting less each day and gone in less than a week. Only problem is 5 days after testing negative it came back and is now called rebound covid.

As a result they are now giving the drug only to people with serious underlying conditions. I tested positive called dr who proscribed it based on positive test and wife picked it up for me.
Old 06-24-2022, 10:43 AM

2022 0624 Friday @ 11:31
As an enthusiastic owner of a "new" home in TV I am thrilled with my purchase. As a rather new contributor to ToTV, I am endlessly curious to see what topics arise and I almost always read through all of the topics that I peruse.

Having now read all of the entries, I am appalled, at times; somewhat amused at other times; and, laughing to myself at yet other times. Of course no one writing here is an "expert," but then what do the "experts" really know (about a two year (?) old disease).

All along, I have taken an approach (to COVID) that could never be construed as "bleeding edge" (a term taken from the computer field for which the description applies to those who get the latest gadget the day it is released to the general public). My approach is not even "leading edge" (another computer term which applies to those who get the latest gadget, but whenever it is (for example) in stores as a brand new product). I took the J&J at the end of last November. I took the second at the beginning of February 2022.

I relish all the back and forth in this thread. I pick from among the entries. I learn. I read a lot about the current thinking from the press. I try not to take either side (pro vs con?).

I mask pretty much everywhere. Today, now, I do not know what to do after shot two of J&J. I would really like Novavax's shot to be approved. ITMT, I enjoy the back and forth. Thanks. :-)
Old 06-24-2022, 11:02 AM

AMEN! And they all fell for it hook line and sinker at the expense of our liberty and economy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushkie View Post
Stop the propaganda!!

We don’t want to hear about the flu- we all know the truth now- it was exaggerated and weaponized to create a crisis to see if people would give up their common sense, critical thinking skills and liberty for the false promise of safety. It was nothing more than a submission training exercise.

Ben Franklin said “any society willing to give up a little liberty to gain a little security, deserves to lose both and always does”.

Freedom is risky, dangerous, nothing guaranteed but it’s the only life worth living.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.