Lake County Sheriff?s Chaplain Jason Low Awarded

Closed Thread
Old 07-13-2021, 10:45 PM
Editor
Default Lake County Sheriff?s Chaplain Jason Low Awarded

First responders are frequently thrust into circumstances that most people cannot imagine. For instance, a 12-year-old Lady Lake child discovered his father’s weapon under his parents’ bed. The barrel was directed at him when he accidentally pulled the trigger. With his parents and siblings present, he had accidentally shot himself to death. In some cases,

More...
Old 07-14-2021, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,506 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gazette View Post
First responders are frequently thrust into circumstances that most people cannot imagine. For instance, a 12-year-old Lady Lake child discovered his father’s weapon under his parents’ bed. The barrel was directed at him when he accidentally pulled the trigger. With his parents and siblings present, he had accidentally shot himself to death. In some cases,

More...
Hey it's great to see a "neighborhood news" site that has no politics (at least none that I could see in this edition) on it. Just straight up news about individuals and clubs of the Villages. When I clicked on "about us" though, it came up with no information.

Who are you folks? Do you offer subscriptions? Do you have a paper version? Who writes your stories, and do you have editorials? How is your Gazette paid for (do you sell advertising, since I didn't see any and have an adblocker so maybe I just wouldn't ever see any)?
Old 07-14-2021, 03:22 PM
Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Hey it's great to see a "neighborhood news" site that has no politics (at least none that I could see in this edition) on it. Just straight up news about individuals and clubs of the Villages. When I clicked on "about us" though, it came up with no information.

Who are you folks? Do you offer subscriptions? Do you have a paper version? Who writes your stories, and do you have editorials? How is your Gazette paid for (do you sell advertising, since I didn't see any and have an adblocker so maybe I just wouldn't ever see any)?
Hello! The paper is privately owned, but our goal is to just post local stories and be as unbiased as possible. We're just trying to state the facts. We currently do not offer a subscription fee, and we are strictly online. Some of the stories posted are taken from other sources and condensed/edited, but some of the stories are written by the editor. Once we have more people viewing the paper, we do plan on posting advertisements (mostly local of course). For now, though, we're more focused on people's feedback on the website and are open to suggestions and criticism (so long as they are constructive).

If anyone has any questions, comments or possible stories, people can email the editor, Emily Baker, at editor@gazettenewsthevillages.com.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.