Recreation Centers Closed for Maintenance

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2022, 10:45 PM
Editor
Default Recreation Centers Closed for Maintenance

The Tierra Del Sol Recreation Center adult pool will be closed for maintenance from May 20 through June 3. The Savannah Regional Recreation Complex shuffleboard courts will be closed for resurfacing until May 20. The Churchill Street Recreation Center indoor facilities, outdoor facilities and family pool will be closed on May 24. The Lake Miona

More...
Old 05-15-2022, 04:36 AM
Default Rec centers closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gazette View Post
The Tierra Del Sol Recreation Center adult pool will be closed for maintenance from May 20 through June 3. The Savannah Regional Recreation Complex shuffleboard courts will be closed for resurfacing until May 20. The Churchill Street Recreation Center indoor facilities, outdoor facilities and family pool will be closed on May 24. The Lake Miona

More...
I know! Frankly I was so disappointed to find the pool at Alden Bungalows (near Brownwood Sq) is closed “until further notice.” But I also know renovations are necessary.
Old 05-15-2022, 04:43 AM
Veteran member

My understanding is that they are replacing the pavers around the pool at Tierra Del Sol.

Of course, they just installed them within the past few months. Whoever did it apparently installed the wrong pavers.

Having been to the pool recently, the pavers look just fine. Unless there is some other reason, and yes "a contract is a contract", I have no idea why anyone gives a flopping hoot why they need to replace one perfectly good paver with another.
Old 05-15-2022, 06:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
My understanding is that they are replacing the pavers around the pool at Tierra Del Sol.

Of course, they just installed them within the past few months. Whoever did it apparently installed the wrong pavers.

Having been to the pool recently, the pavers look just fine. Unless there is some other reason, and yes "a contract is a contract", I have no idea why anyone gives a flopping hoot why they need to replace one perfectly good paver with another.

These folks can tell you why..............
District Property Management
1026 Canal Street
The Villages, FL 32162

Phone: 352-753-4022
Old 05-24-2022, 09:56 AM

Not sure who told gave you this information or if you misinterpreted what what was said to you, but it is not correct. The pool had a major renovation and the concrete deck needed to be removed due to a void underneath the concrete deck. With that being said, the district decided to install pavers to keep the concrete from being an eye sore deck patch. The decision to install the pavers was to improve the overall aesthetics. As for removing the pavers, the reasoning behind that, is the pavers needed were not in stock, so this was a temporary fix so the pool could be opened until the new pavers arrived. Yes the ones there have to be removed, due to the paver shortage, but again, this was so the pool could be opened. This was a planned decision to install the new pavers once they were made at the factory, and not a mistake or poor planning. Hopefully this dispels any false rumors or accusations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post

Old 05-24-2022, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,367 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ChevyFI View Post
Not sure who told gave you this information or if you misinterpreted what what was said to you, but it is not correct. The pool had a major renovation and the concrete deck needed to be removed due to a void underneath the concrete deck. With that being said, the district decided to install pavers to keep the concrete from being an eye sore deck patch. The decision to install the pavers was to improve the overall aesthetics. As for removing the pavers, the reasoning behind that, is the pavers needed were not in stock, so this was a temporary fix so the pool could be opened until the new pavers arrived. Yes the ones there have to be removed, due to the paver shortage, but again, this was so the pool could be opened. This was a planned decision to install the new pavers once they were made at the factory, and not a mistake or poor planning. Hopefully this dispels any false rumors or accusations.
Great response to false information.
You just forgot.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.