Stand-Up Comedy in The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2021, 10:45 PM
Editor
Default Stand-Up Comedy in The Villages

The comedy scene in The Villages has grown over the past few years. It was not so long ago that there were just a handful of people going to open mic nights every month. Now, The Sharon L. Morse Performing Arts Center is packed every Tuesday and Wednesday, and the organizers have to double up

More...
Old 12-03-2021, 07:26 AM

I attended a recent comedy show at Lazy Mac’s and left as it wasn’t comedy at all. It was just some little boy that learned vile language spewing it out to which no one was laughing and many in the audience were leaving. Should have been an x rated sign at the door.
I’ve seen blue comedy from Vegas to Atlantic City and it doesn’t bother me, but what I saw that night was a complete and utter display of a lack of comedy, just a little person using his platform to attempt to be funny. He failed. Hope the people that book these acts will do a bit of due diligence in the future to give the audience a professional comedian.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:50 AM

Slightly off the subject maybe but if you saw Bill Engvall last night at the Sharon then you know what stand-up comedy is all about. He is the master.
Old 12-03-2021, 12:48 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,023 Times in 455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
Slightly off the subject maybe but if you saw Bill Engvall last night at the Sharon then you know what stand-up comedy is all about. He is the master.
Bingo.
Old 12-03-2021, 02:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,044 Times in 5,335 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heytubes View Post
I attended a recent comedy show at Lazy Mac’s and left as it wasn’t comedy at all. It was just some little boy that learned vile language spewing it out to which no one was laughing and many in the audience were leaving. Should have been an x rated sign at the door.
I’ve seen blue comedy from Vegas to Atlantic City and it doesn’t bother me, but what I saw that night was a complete and utter display of a lack of comedy, just a little person using his platform to attempt to be funny. He failed. Hope the people that book these acts will do a bit of due diligence in the future to give the audience a professional comedian.
A good comedian can mix in a bit of R rated comedy but to depend upon bathroom humor they would need to find a new line of work
Old 12-04-2021, 10:35 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

My last 2 times were horrible too, first guy told poop jokes and last ones were totally political ( they should have warned us that it was a trump support group with added total disrespect to women thrown in. I had to walk out. I wanted my money back but could not continue to hear the vile things being said while standing there waiting to find out if they would refund me, so walked out.
I love comedy and hate that I no longer trust this place to hire real comedians. I can take some crude, and some off color..but not hate inducing.
Old 12-05-2021, 04:52 AM
Platinum member

You can always just go to any village square and watch the regulars there every night trying to mix beer and dancing for free.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.