Umatilla High School Student Sexually Assaulted

Closed Thread
Old 01-25-2022, 12:20 AM
Editor
Default Umatilla High School Student Sexually Assaulted

On Jan. 20, a teenage girl was walking from Umatilla High School at roughly 2:30 p.m. when she was honked at by a male in a black dually pickup and asked if she needed a ride. After getting into the vehicle, the male drove her to an area east of Alexander Springs and forced her

More...
Old 01-25-2022, 06:25 AM
Default Sexual Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gazette View Post
On Jan. 20, a teenage girl was walking from Umatilla High School at roughly 2:30 p.m. when she was honked at by a male in a black dually pickup and asked if she needed a ride. After getting into the vehicle, the male drove her to an area east of Alexander Springs and forced her

More...
I hardly know how to respond. This will be something this young lady will relive over and over for the rest of her life. We can always Monday morning quarterback this, but the main point remains that this monster must be caught and put in the cage where he belongs.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:27 AM

Getting in a vehicle of a stranger rarely turns out to be a good idea.
Old 01-25-2022, 06:40 AM

Didn’t read that in the Sun-Times!
Old 01-25-2022, 08:06 AM

I hope they catch him .
Old 01-25-2022, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgcetm View Post
Didn’t read that in the Sun-Times!
Unsure why it is published here. Long way from TV.
Old 01-25-2022, 08:26 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Guess it's turning into the online V****** N*** maybe we will start getting the Crime reports in The Villages.
DAILY
Old 01-25-2022, 09:18 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,063 Times in 532 Posts

Time to rename to Talk of Florida.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:46 AM

I live 7 minutes outside the villages yet I can be in Umatilla in 15 minutes. It is closer to the villages than you realize. First let me say shame on anybody who cares more about if it happened inside your bubble than about this poor girl. Just shameful!!

If you used your brain you would realize just how close it is and if he had a trailer attached and doing any type of construction work than chance’s are he has possibly worked in the villages or he could be working in the villages now. Reasons WHY they would put the news here with a complete description of the truck. I for one work in the villages everyday and I will keep my eyes out for a truck that matches the description. Because I care about more than myself.

And before any of you have anything to say about me not living inside the villages well listen up I have lived here my WHOLE life before most of any of you. My Grandfather sold off much of our property decades ago so the county could put roads where there wasn’t any. Yes a true Floridian! Before our beautiful land became a bunch of houses. And for anyone who says this has nothing to do with “the villages” let me ask you something. What if it was YOUR granddaughter???? Still feel as selfish now??

Signed, Someone who knows there is life beyond the villages!
Old 01-25-2022, 12:40 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Cleaning View Post
I live 7 minutes outside the villages yet I can be in Umatilla in 15 minutes. It is closer to the villages than you realize. First let me say shame on anybody who cares more about if it happened inside your bubble than about this poor girl. Just shameful!!

If you used your brain you would realize just how close it is and if he had a trailer attached and doing any type of construction work than chance’s are he has possibly worked in the villages or he could be working in the villages now. Reasons WHY they would put the news here with a complete description of the truck. I for one work in the villages everyday and I will keep my eyes out for a truck that matches the description. Because I care about more than myself.

And before any of you have anything to say about me not living inside the villages well listen up I have lived here my WHOLE life before most of any of you. My Grandfather sold off much of our property decades ago so the county could put roads where there wasn’t any. Yes a true Floridian! Before our beautiful land became a bunch of houses. And for anyone who says this has nothing to do with “the villages” let me ask you something. What if it was YOUR granddaughter???? Still feel as selfish now??

Signed, Someone who knows there is life beyond the villages
!
Agree with you Robin, this was/is very close to TV and it should pull on all of our hearts.
Old 01-25-2022, 02:50 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha Cleaning View Post

Signed, Someone who knows there is life beyond the villages!

You are 100% correct, took the words out of my mouth. Some Villagers are so darn self centered and have such an air of entitlement. I have a home here and return every winter....yes...a snow bird....and if you don't like it, too darn bad....anyway, the last 2 yrs it seems to be getting worse....rude,miserable old far&$. You all should be ashamed of yourself for your reaction to this story. This poor girl is someone's daughter, someone's granddaughter. This writer is correct. This town is very close, this person could be a contractor working right in your neighborhood....open your eyes people....

Let's hope he doesn't attack and rape YOUR wife while you are off golfing or whatever self absorbed activity you may be off doing.

Yeah we all saved and worked hard to have our wonderful homes and fun lives, I get it....but you have a civic duty to be a responsible participant in your community....come on, step up

Last edited by Spalumbos62; 01-25-2022 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 01-25-2022, 05:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,665 Times in 1,503 Posts
Default Just my guess, but ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Posted by The Gazette which is a weekly paper out of Ocala. Trying to drum up subscribers by posting sensational articles is my guess.
While this story is truly sad and shocking, I believe the hidden purpose of The Gazette posting is to increase readership.
Old 01-25-2022, 07:07 PM
Default Suspect arrested per Orlando News. Great police investigation and arrest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gazette View Post

More...
Suspect arrested per Orlando news.
Old 01-26-2022, 06:16 AM
Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Posted by The Gazette which is a weekly paper out of Ocala. Trying to drum up subscribers by posting sensational articles is my guess.
While this story is truly sad and shocking, I believe the hidden purpose of The Gazette posting is to increase readership.
Truly a statement of compassion and caring.......yeah, right.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:18 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

This guy could be someone working in The Villages. Keep an eye out for the vehicle.

Teach your children, grandchildren, never get a car with a stranger.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.