VCCDD Commission: Funding For Fire Protection

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2021, 11:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
You call that a beatdown? I certainly wouldn't want you on my side in a real fight.

That was nothing but deflection. She says the article doesn't reflect the facts. Then instead of refuting what she feels aren't the facts uses the cop out of "Go to the meeting and find out the facts". If you're going to call someone a liar at least have the courtesy of explaining what you "feel" the lies are. The way to get to know someone's position is to have them state their position. Not just take their word that these aren't the facts..
I called no one a liar and make no attempt to give my version of what is “true”.

Go see for yourself.
Old 10-20-2021, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
"And the first one now
Will later be last
For the times they are a-changing"
BD.
Sounds like the county negotiators dropped the ball on what they agreed to and are looking for recourse?
Old 10-20-2021, 06:26 PM

I think it is about time for public meetings making decisions regarding policy or funding issues should be live streamed so everyone can see and hear the true facts. This includes all County Meetings as well as Village meetings. I believe if everyone wants a Fire District formed with resident support, this should be one of the requirements for passage, OPEN TRANSPARENT MEETINGS!
Old 10-20-2021, 07:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
I would suggest, anyone wanting to know the truth, attend the meetings.

These are not the facts.
Agreed. I was at the meeting last week and it was voted 4-1 to proceed

Old 10-20-2021, 07:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knodel View Post
I think it is about time for public meetings making decisions regarding policy or funding issues should be live streamed so everyone can see and hear the true facts. This includes all County Meetings as well as Village meetings. I believe if everyone wants a Fire District formed with resident support, this should be one of the requirements for passage, OPEN TRANSPARENT MEETINGS!
They are open meetings. Why don’t you go to them ?

Old 10-20-2021, 08:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierPa View Post
They are open meetings. Why don’t you go to them ?
That would require a commitment of time coupled with a priority on the issues.....not a lot of that in The Villages.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-21-2021, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRDave View Post
Why? No mention of political affiliation or parties. No mention of a specific elected official. The OP is merely stating fact.
When you read the whole article in The Gazette, you’ll see that they do mention elected officials.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angiefox10 View Post
I would suggest, anyone wanting to know the truth, attend the meetings.

These are not the facts.
If you cannot attend the meetings, just go to the County website. There is an audio of all meetings on the site. I find it very informative. The Gazette article is political.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:48 AM

Is there any outcome on how Marion and Lake county portions will be handled? I'm Fruitland Park and I guess wrongly assumed that the fire / public safety department was for all of the Villages properties regardless of county.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:59 PM

This is an old an issue. The Sumter County Commission has agreed to bypass this issue.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gazette View Post
Sumter County commissioners have threatened to shut down funding to The Villages Public Safety Department except if the fire department pays them several million dollars it claims it owes. Commissioners voted recently to seek the funds through a mediator “short of a lawsuit or termination of the agreement” that permits VPSD to handle retirees’ special

More...
Since we have more people living here in TV than the rest of Sumter County we should stop paying firefighting taxes to Sumter County and pay them to TV Fire Department. That would show them where the money comes from for their fire service.
Old 10-22-2021, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,366 Times in 2,395 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDToto41 View Post
Since we have more people living here in TV than the rest of Sumter County we should stop paying firefighting taxes to Sumter County and pay them to TV Fire Department. That would show them where the money comes from for their fire service.
This has already been settled. Where ya bin?🤔

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.