Open up the wall into glassed-in lanai?

Closed Thread
Old 05-18-2013, 08:09 AM
Default Open up the wall into glassed-in lanai?

I'm looking for ideas!

I am enclosing my lanai with low-e glass sliders, same quality as in the rest of the house. I am using 3- and 4-panel sliders in the 3 walls of the lanai. This will basically extend the area of the house to include the lanai. I will add heat/ac with a small separate unit.

I'm trying to decide if I want to open up the wall between the lanai and the living area and, if so, how.
- Currently, the wall between the lanai and the living area is made up of a glass sliding door (about 40% of the wall), and solid sheet rocked wall (about 60% of the wall).
- I'd like to remove the wall and current sliding glass door and install some other option. Ideally, I'd like to have some solution so that it can be open between the lanai and living area, with the option to close it to provide privacy and some degree of sound barrier (tv in living area, quiet on lanai).
- I don't need low-e glass sliders between the lanai and living area because those will be provided in the lanai itself. I could use less expensive glass sliders.
- Any other solution that anyone has found? Does anyone have the new panel shades and would they provide any sound separation?
- Any other ideas? There has to be a creative solution!! I appreciate your ideas and experiences.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:46 AM

Have you considered perhaps French doors? Not sure the swing room you have in the rooms. Maybe even pocket doors with glass in them.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog53 View Post
Have you considered perhaps French doors? Not sure the swing room you have in the rooms. Maybe even pocket doors with glass in them.
I don't have the swing room, but pocket doors with glass is an interesting idea.

I am searching on the Internet for room dividers; there are some sliding panels of various materials that I'm also considering. Some company in The Villages probably has what I'm looking for, but I don't know which one(s). I'll keep looking!

Thank you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.