Best gps for tv cart directions

Old 09-01-2019, 12:25 PM
Default Best gps for tv cart directions

What is the best (easiest to read&use) GPS device for going from one place to another by golf cart. I was told there are 1000 miles of golf cart paths and I want to avoid getting lost (which I have experienced). GREAT PLACE...just moved into TV....THANKS

Old 09-01-2019, 12:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRICHARD View Post
What is the best (easiest to read&use) GPS device for going from one place to another by golf cart. I was told there are 1000 miles of golf cart paths and I want to avoid getting lost (which I have experienced). GREAT PLACE...just moved into TV....THANKS
If you get lost, just pull off the path and you will have more help than you can deal with.

Old 09-01-2019, 01:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRICHARD View Post
Google maps om bicycle mode. Simple... and accurate.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

Old 09-01-2019, 01:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Google maps om bicycle mode. Simple... and accurate...
Villages GPS is an option. But I’m with Fraugoofy for my first choice.

Old 09-01-2019, 01:39 PM

Bogie is right on. Other golf carts and cars will stop when they see a cart driver camping on the road/path side hunkered over a phone.

Between the Villiages app and Villiages GPS app - my experience is Villiages GPS is the better one. It has a few quirks but overall very good and my go to for all cart navigation.

Old 09-01-2019, 02:45 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Google maps om bicycle mode. Simple... and accurate.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
That's what I've used until I became familiar with the villages. Very handy to use on a big yard sale weekend. Just load the locations and go.

Old 09-01-2019, 03:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,370 Times in 3,050 Posts

I was anti-GPS ever since the things first came out. I can't concentrate on the road if I'm distracted by a moving visual on a device, and I'm hearing impaired so listening to verbal directions from a tiny little speaker is even more distracting. So as someone who can't stand the things on general principal, I'd give a nod to the Villages GPS app for your smartphone. It's just a few bucks for the download but the coders update it frequently and you can post on their category right here on ToTV if you have concerns or questions. They usually get back to you within a couple of hours.

Old 09-01-2019, 05:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
I was anti-GPS ever since the things first came out. I can't concentrate on the road if I'm distracted by a moving visual on a device, and I'm hearing impaired so listening to verbal directions from a tiny little speaker is even more distracting...
Nobody is talking about driving while distracted!!

Get as familiar with the route as possible before you start out. Then if you have an issue while driving...you’re in a golf cart. Pull off at the first safe opportunity, look at your gps, and get back on track.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post

Get as familiar with the route as possible before you start out. Then if you have an issue while driving...you’re in a golf cart. Pull off at the first safe opportunity, look at your gps, and get back on track.
You're absolutely right! The OP was asking which GPS was the easiest to read and use. He wasn't asking how to familiarize himself with the Villages.

I made my recommendation, and gave the disclaimer that I was making it as someone who generally doesn't like GPS systems at all and has difficulty using them because they are too much of a distraction TO ME.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,931 Times in 2,701 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post

That's very good advise, don't try to look at a GPS while driving, very dangerous. And when you pull over to check your GPS, chances are very good someone will stop to help you with directions before you have time to pull out your cheaters and look to your electronic devise for guidance.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
That's very good advise, don't try to look at a GPS while driving, very dangerous. And when you pull over to check your GPS, chances are very good someone will stop to help you with directions before you have time to pull out your cheaters and look to your electronic devise for guidance.
I just had whoever was sitting with me in the card repeat whatever the GPS voice said, so I could understand the directions without having to struggle to listen. They kept the volume down so THEY could hear it. We only had to pull over a couple of times because the passenger said "take a left" and I ended up taking a left into a parking lot instead of the street right after it!

Old 09-02-2019, 07:32 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

Stop on the side of the cart path and open a map. Tons of help will follow. Sorry I had to say that. No gps for me, I just stay lost until I get there.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:23 AM

Use it all the time, very accurate.

Tags
cart, gps, golf, place, avoid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.