Plug & Play LED Headlights for a Yamaha G29 Gas Cart?

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2022, 08:35 AM
Question Plug & Play LED Headlights for a Yamaha G29 Gas Cart?

I have a question similar to one listed on the forum, but the thread is locked. I have a 2016 Yamaha Gas cart and I would like to replace the headlights with LED headlights.

Does anyone know of a plug & play option? Is that even possible without changing the wiring harness? I'm handy and would do it myself if it's simple enough.

Appreciate any help.
Old 10-20-2022, 09:40 AM

You might try Buggies Unlimited Golf Cart Parts, Accessories, Wheels, Tires & Performance Parts | BuggiesUnlimited.com.
Old 10-20-2022, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatcrimson View Post
I have a question similar to one listed on the forum, but the thread is locked. I have a 2016 Yamaha Gas cart and I would like to replace the headlights with LED headlights.

Does anyone know of a plug & play option? Is that even possible without changing the wiring harness? I'm handy and would do it myself if it's simple enough.

Appreciate any help.
Too many variables. Some LED headlights have "high beam" and regular capabilities, these would require an additional switch, and wiring. Some LED headlights are a simple on/off (no high beams) these could require replacement of the existing connector. I would research replacement headlights.
As an alternative, I have found MOTORCYCLE driving lights that can easily be added to a golf cart for increased night vision. I have found that one (1) of these PROPERLY aimed will provide great night time lighting and NOT blind the on coming driver. A pair was around $20-$30 on Amazon and very easy to wire, I used a separate circuit and switch.

Send me a PM and I will see if I still have the item saved in Amazon, and I may have on or 2 still in the garage.

Tags
headlights, play, plug, cart, gas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.