Radio for Yamaha golf cart

Closed Thread
Old 09-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts
Default Radio for Yamaha golf cart

Has anyone had a radio installed in their golf cart and, if so, who installed it, the location in your cart and any problems with it since installation? I'd rather go the radio route than Bluetooth from my phone. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-10-2016, 09:38 PM

We had a radio installed in our Yamaha.........never use it. It's always static. Brought it back to The Villages Carts 3 times. The radio is not worth the money. They told us to use our iPhone to plug into the radio for better sound????? It does work but that's not what we paid for. Save your $$
Old 09-11-2016, 04:42 AM
Sage

Streaming siriusxm on my phone to a quality Bluetooth speaker works best for me.

Never been in a cart where the radio sounded good. Especially gas carts.
Old 09-11-2016, 09:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

My neighbor had Best Buy install an XM/Sirius radio in his cart. I guess it has AM/FM, but who's uses that when you've got XM, plus you have to pay yearly for the service. I have it in my car and it's great, costs about $150 a year. He's not a golfer but goes all over in his cart so music was important to him. He paid about $650 for the radio and install. I don't know how he got it to Best Buy since it's not a street legal cart. He loves it, and it is really loud if you want, I can hear it 3 or 4 yards away when it's turned up and it's clear as a bell.
Closed Thread

Tags
radio, cart, installed, golf, route

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.