Security Systems

Closed Thread
Old 12-07-2016, 01:45 PM
Veteran member
Default Security Systems

Does anyone know a person or company who installs security systems - anti-theft systems?

I would be most interested in an ignition cutoff which places a remote-controlled electric box between the battery and ignition switch so your cart cannot be started with a matching key, or by hot-wiring.

I have called multiple dealers and cannot find one who does this. If there is a "cart handyman" available, the devices can be bought cheaply on Ebay or elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-07-2016, 02:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,002 Times in 2,199 Posts

JMHO but I would go with a hidden GPS locator. Carts can be pushed on to a trailer very easily. Having stated that, I have been working on cars for over 20 years, and more recently golf carts. I am sure I could help, but one of us would need to get the cart wiring diagram before any work could be started. Send me a PM if you decide to proceed.
Old 12-07-2016, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
Does anyone know a person or company who installs security systems - anti-theft systems?

I would be most interested in an ignition cutoff which places a remote-controlled electric box between the battery and ignition switch so your cart cannot be started with a matching key, or by hot-wiring.

I have called multiple dealers and cannot find one who does this. If there is a "cart handyman" available, the devices can be bought cheaply on Ebay or elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.
If you find one, please let us know. I would also like to have it done.
Closed Thread

Tags
systems, ignition, cart, security, dealers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.