4 Seater Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2020, 06:39 AM
Default 4 Seater Golf Cart

I will be moving to The Villages from Nazareth, PA soon, and look forward to golf all year round. I’ve been looking at a new 2 seater Yamaha golf cart. However, we thought maybe a 4 seater would be more practical as a multi-use vehicle for getting around. My question is having a 4 seater practical for use on a golf course? If so, what options are best for this golf cart, especially for use on the golf course?
Old 08-05-2020, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitth View Post
I will be moving to The Villages from Nazareth, PA soon, and look forward to golf all year round. I’ve been looking at a new 2 seater Yamaha golf cart. However, we thought maybe a 4 seater would be more practical as a multi-use vehicle for getting around. My question is having a 4 seater practical for use on a golf course? If so, what options are best for this golf cart, especially for use on the golf course?
We have a used four seater and a new two seater. This is a picture of our four seater that is just fine for golf.
Old 08-05-2020, 06:58 AM

We have both. I golf with the four seater no different
Old 08-05-2020, 07:18 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,374 Times in 497 Posts

We do not golf but did buy a 2 seater and now I regret that decision and wish we had bought the 4 seater for when friends and family visit. Everyone says just rent one when they come but if they come at peak time they are often not available and some places will not rent them for less than a week.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:21 AM

Definitely a 4 seater. Great when you have company for riding around and for shopping.
Old 08-05-2020, 07:26 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

We like our 4 seater. The first cart we purchased.

Make sure you purchase a 4 seater with: Improved suspension and extended & raised roof. Do not get the 4 seater with the flip-up platform.

Seat belts too.
Old 08-05-2020, 08:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

We have a 2 seater, with the flip down rear facing seat, yahama gas, and as noted above the upgraded suspension. This suits us very well. Flip the seat up for golfing, shopping and general use, and down for when we have occasional guests. One this option is only 4 inches longer than a standard cart with the floor in the up position, so perpendicular parking is very easy. A 4 passenger cart with all 4 people sitting forward is much longer. We do not have the extended roof, so this can be a problem during rain.
Old 08-05-2020, 01:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

If you are only going to have 1 cart then I agree that a 4 seat cart is ok. We took the option of having two carts since my wife has her own schedules and clubs and I have mine so rather than compete for the cart we bought 2. When we have guests we have options, the guests drive one of the carts or the guys drive one and the ladies drive the other. Did you ever notice that when two couples are in a 4 seat cart the men are in the front and the ladies are stuck riding backward in the rear. Why is that?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-06-2020, 05:26 AM
TOTV SPONSOR

My frat bro Forest Noll is from Nazareth
Old 08-06-2020, 06:30 AM

Star Sirius with a rear seat that converts to play golf, a 2 in 1 combo seat, at Crown Carts
Old 08-06-2020, 06:33 AM
Default How often would you use a four seater?

When buying a cart, we considered getting a four seater, but decided that we would just rent when we needed one for guests. Four seaters have some disadvantages. They cost more. They take up more room in your garage. If you get the kind where the back seats face the rear, passengers are not protected from the elements. My best friend has a Yamaha like that and when I ride with him in his cart, it’s really hard to get my golf bag in it. The bag faces the front instead of the back and some of the pockets are blocked by the seat. It’s also not protected from rain. When rain chases us off the course, he has to put his bag in the main cabin. I really hate it.
Old 08-06-2020, 06:37 AM

We bought 2 seater and it, when guest come me we rent one for them , so they can enjoy same experience only 25 a day cheaper for a week , the cost difference of 4 seater doesn’t really pay for itself in my opinion for what use to get out of using it
Old 08-06-2020, 07:01 AM

Two seater for golf. The four seater, it’s hard to get bags in and when it rains (which is every day in the summer) bags and people get wet. You’re better off with a two seater. Btw, thinking you’ll be able golf everyday, isn’t realistic. You’ll get shut out of tee times 75% of the time during snowbird season and then You’ll face course closures and rain in the summer. But, you’ll be able to play at least 2 to 3 times a week.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:37 AM

In my opinion your wasting your money on a 4 seater. Not a big deal on the golf course but you will become the taxi driver.
Old 08-06-2020, 07:42 AM
Veteran member

I assume you are talking about a traditional 2-seater golf cart with 2 additional, rear-facing seats as opposed to a stretched-out 4-seater with all 4 seats facing forward. We considered the first option when we bought our cart but the salesman pointed out a few disadvantages to it:

It costs more (obviously).
The ride is stiffer (you need to beef up the suspension to handle the weight of 4 adults).
Depending on the design, the hardware to carry golf clubs in addition to the rear seats usually makes the cart longer and stick out more in your garage or when parking at the squares.
Nobody particularly likes to ride facing the rear and they usually end up uncomfortably twisting around to try to face forward.
You'll hardly ever actually use the rear-facing seats.
It's harder to carry groceries or other things with rear-facing seats.
Renting a stretched 4-seater with all seats facing forward when you do have guests is usually cheaper in the long run and more comfortable.

We agreed with all his points, bought a 2-seater and have been happy with it ever since. Whatever you get, I hope you're as happy with it as we are with ours. We've had it 3 1/2 years now and I still get a charge bombing around The Villages in it. I'm just a little boy in a senior body riding around in his go-kart. What fun!
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, seater, cart, practical, options

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.