4 Seater Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 08-06-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitth View Post
I will be moving to The Villages from Nazareth, PA soon, and look forward to golf all year round. I’ve been looking at a new 2 seater Yamaha golf cart. However, we thought maybe a 4 seater would be more practical as a multi-use vehicle for getting around. My question is having a 4 seater practical for use on a golf course? If so, what options are best for this golf cart, especially for use on the golf course?
For 7 years, I owned a 4 seater Yamaha, extended roof with rear facing seats. It annoyed me every day I drove it. The cart bounced unmercifully over every tiny bump. I memorized every lump and uneven spot in all the roads I frequented so I could drive around them or slow down to 8 MPH.

Initially, I was told the suspension could be changed for a less bumpy ride, but that was not recommended for when 4 people are in the cart. I suffered 2 years then decided to go ahead and have the suspension changed only to be told, “they will not do that!”

So, I lowered the tire pressure from (whatever it was supposed to be) down to 20 psi, then 10 psi, and finally to 8 psi, in order to get a slightly smoother, tolerable ride.

After 5 more years, I decided to trade it in for a Yamaha 2 seater and RENT a couple 4 seaters when company comes. Don’t know why it took me so long to figure that out! Using golf clubs was also an issue but that could be done.

Before you decide on a 4 seater, drive it over several bumps and see the difference between the ride of a 2 seater. At least then, you’ll know what you’re willing to tolerate.
Old 08-06-2020, 09:18 AM

We originally bought a 2 seater, 2 years later sold it and bought a 4 seater, with rear facing back seat. No one complains about facing rear, never in 16 years. I've sat back there too and the view is just fine. I golf and yes it is a bit harder to put your bag on, but it's not a big deal at all. I also keep a shopping bag on it when not using it for golf, so plenty of room for groceries and whatever else, also have plenty of room under the rear seat to put stuff, cooler sits there for groceries in the summer. I'd suggest you rent a 4 seater, rear facing, try it out. I personally don't like the 4 seaters where all are facing forward, makes the cart way too long. I've had my Yamaha gas 4 seater for 16 years and love it. Don't worry about when it rains, just pull down the sunbrella cover and in the rare cases when it rains and you have someone sitting in the back they will stay mostly dry, legs may get wet, but if rain is forecast just take your car. Problem solved.
Old 08-06-2020, 10:26 AM

The 4 seater just aren't set up right for golf. You can use them to play golf but certain parts just got wrong
Old 08-06-2020, 12:09 PM

I have one and would not trade it for anything. You can carry passengers in the back seats, make sure the back ones are covered. Also two sets of golf clubs fit on the back and I have storage under the back seats. Love It.
SunRae
Old 08-06-2020, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmitth View Post
I will be moving to The Villages from Nazareth, PA soon, and look forward to golf all year round. I’ve been looking at a new 2 seater Yamaha golf cart. However, we thought maybe a 4 seater would be more practical as a multi-use vehicle for getting around. My question is having a 4 seater practical for use on a golf course? If so, what options are best for this golf cart, especially for use on the golf course?
I don’t own a 4 seater but a friend does. The rear seats face backwards and to put clubs on is a pain as they fit inside. You have to be very strong and dexterous to get your bag in place and strapped in. Unless you think you’ll have lots of visitors I’d stick with a two seater. Rentals for when guests are here is not that expensive.
Old 08-06-2020, 04:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

And this why we say...different strokes for different folks. I agree with the poster, rent a 4 seater and drive it for a week or two and have your wife ride in the back. If she's ok with it then the issue is golf and parking...but I'm a believer in trying before buying and that opportunity exists.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-06-2020, 04:36 PM
Smile 4 Seater Club Car Opinions Please

We have not yet purchased a cart but would like you opinions. Our neighbor has this 4 seater ClubCar and loves it. He does not use it for golf. The cart is lifted about 6 inches and has two rear facing seats.
If we were to get one like this, we would need to change the tires to be golf course approved and make provisions to carry golf bags.
We live in Fenney and can't wait for the WaterLilly bridge to be installed and trails completed.
Any thoughts on this as a cart would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1250.jpeg
Views:	699
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	85654  
Old 08-06-2020, 06:38 PM
Default Golf cart

We just moved here from Nazareth, PA at the end of March. We just bought the Yamaha 4 seater. It has a flip seat. Not much bigger than the 2 seater. Will be great for guests. Love it! Hope to meet up with you when you get down here.
Old 10-17-2020, 08:06 PM

We bought the Evolution Classic 4 Plus from STM in Ocala. The golf club holder faces away from the cart, so you need a bag cover for when it rains. However, rear passengers are covered. It is electric with the 130 AH lithium battery which weighs 100 pounds (compared to 400 lbs for conventional batteries). So the extra weight from 2 more seats and people just brings the cart up to a more normal weight.

Rear seat folds down to a flat deck and there is a hidden storage compartment underneath.

Range is 75 miles and battery can be topped up daily. Should be good for most people.

It has an LCD dashboard with bluetooth for handsfree phone operation.

Cost is $10,000 with Sunbrella and golf club attachment. Not a big premium for the extra 2 seats.

If you live in the south, Luxus in Leesburg is more convenient.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, seater, cart, practical, options

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.