Best Yamaha carts

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2021, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
Look at your manual …..

Yamaha recommends REGULAR UNLEADED fuel containing no more than 10 % ethanol…..

However, if it makes you feel better paying more for “recreational” fuel , go for it ! However, your cart won’t know the difference !!
True, This was really more of an issue for those that own carbureted carts.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:28 AM
Default Maybe not for extended down times.

Quote:
Look at your manual …..

However, if it makes you feel better paying more for “recreational” fuel , go for it ! However, your cart won’t know the difference !!
Unless the cart sets for a few months unused.
The Ethanol fuel has a longevity issue.
It's corn based content causes browning and settleling of particales when it ages.
Use whichever suits the situation.
As a snowbird, we use non-ethanol to avoid the issue.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDivine View Post
Non-Ethanol gas is probably cheaper at the Marathon stations in Lake Deaton and Pinellas Plaza.
Not really. WAWA used to be the cheapest in the area and they now are about the same as the golf cart stores.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:41 AM

We have 3 Yamahas, 2007,2011, and a 2017. 2007 and 2010 are bullet proof. Just normal maintenance on those. Hard to believe but the 2011 is running the original tires as we keep a consistent 22 lbs in them. Only issue so far on the 2017 is we have had the rear/secondary clutch component replaced last year under warranty. Because of the quietness, nice ride of the new suspension and those cushy seats, the 2017 goes out of the garage much more often.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:47 AM
Veteran member
Default Fuel

Quote:
Look at your manual …..

True they are made for ethanol but any veh using ethanol will accumulate water in the tank over time so I recommend using an additive that will help get it to dissipate and get burned with the fuel. Also non ethanol fuel has a higher octane rating so your cart may very well know the difference. I have had a few mowers, weed eaters and blowers that had the fuel lines inside the gas tank deteriorate due to ethanol even though they were supposed to be compatible. It's non ethanol in any small engine and my boat at all times.
Old 06-09-2021, 06:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Doubtful. Yamaha golf carts have a low compression engine (about 8:1 compression) and the 87 octane of regular fuel is sufficient to prevent pre-ignition. Using fuel with a higher octane than is required does not have any benefits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larchap49 View Post
True they are made for ethanol but any veh using ethanol will accumulate water in the tank over time so I recommend using an additive that will help get it to dissipate and get burned with the fuel. Also non ethanol fuel has a higher octane rating so your cart may very well know the difference. I have had a few mowers, weed eaters and blowers that had the fuel lines inside the gas tank deteriorate due to ethanol even though they were supposed to be compatible. It's non ethanol in any small engine and my boat at all times.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:04 AM

I have a 2022 ordered. Hopefully they fixed some of the issues that have been bothering us customers.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:14 AM

I have a 2014 gas which has been to the shop once a year for oil changes. My wife had a 2017 which made 27 trips to service before we bought the 2021. Brakes squeak on the 2021 and Yahama can’t provide the part for the fix for the past 3 months.

My experience says you’re right.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARFAP View Post
I had one of these but it got stolen. Was that you?
How do I know you didn’t steal you’re?

No, got my recipe from original owner, bill of sale, listed $13, 995 bucks. I have GPS attacker on mine hid, they steal mine I will know exactly where it is. And good luck trying for find it.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:23 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
I have a Yamaha 2015 Fuel injected and a 2014 Carb model, both run excellent. For you owners like me who are new to the Villages.
I could not understand why Owners would go to The Villages Golf Cart Center in Sumter Landing to purchase gas when the prices are higher then most gas stations in the area. Very Simple Answer. They are selling gas with NO ETHANOL. Ethanol will clog up your fuel system especially the older carb models. I think it is worth the slightly higher price for No Ethanol gasoline. Any comments?
Only if let cart set for months.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
Doubtful. Yamaha golf carts have a low compression engine (about 8:1 compression) and the 87 octane of regular fuel is sufficient to prevent pre-ignition. Using fuel with a higher octane than is required does not have any benefits.
Lawn mower engine will run on any octane, but, agree why waste money higher octane gas for lawn mower engine.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
I have a Yamaha 2015 Fuel injected and a 2014 Carb model, both run excellent. For you owners like me who are new to the Villages.
I could not understand why Owners would go to The Villages Golf Cart Center in Sumter Landing to purchase gas when the prices are higher then most gas stations in the area. Very Simple Answer. They are selling gas with NO ETHANOL. Ethanol will clog up your fuel system especially the older carb models. I think it is worth the slightly higher price for No Ethanol gasoline. Any comments?
Marathon in Pinnellas has recreational gas. I think there are a few other stations around as well. Last time I was there they were getting 3.35 a gallon, I believe.

Always be humble and kind.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:52 AM

This is a trick question since I have the audience. I have 2014 Yamaha that has 4 bad tire stems ( Gauges don't read pressure ). If I install an extension, would it fix the problem or I would still have the same problem?
Old 06-09-2021, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbang View Post
This is a trick question since I have the audience. I have 2014 Yamaha that has 4 bad tire stems ( Gauges don't read pressure ). If I install an extension, would it fix the problem or I would still have the same problem?
Sounds like a problem with your gauge? If they're holding air the stems are doing what they should, perhaps find a different gauge that fits your stems better?
Old 06-09-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heims01 View Post
Marathon in Pinnellas has recreational gas. I think there are a few other stations around as well. Last time I was there they were getting 3.35 a gallon, I believe.

What is with you know it all's? There is no such thing as RECREATIONAL GAS. For that to be true there would have to be NON RECREATIONAL gas.

Wow. Gas is gas and it has ethanol or not. Ethanol will pull moisture out of the air and. CAN create issues if you let it set for months. It's not a guarantee!

My gosh just put the gas in that's close to you and treat it with startron if it's going to set. Same with a mower or anything else that uses gas.

Recreational gas.....nerds. this isn't a NASCAR circuit
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, yamaha, quietech, year, remove

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.