Best Yamaha carts

Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2021, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob S View Post
I own 2 Yamaha Drive gas carts - a 2010 and a 2017 Quietech. It seems the older cart requires much less service. It is a project to even replace a battery on the Quietech carts. You need to remove the bag well and left side body panel.
How about a discussion as to which year Yamaha was the best?
Best solution = Club Car
Old 06-09-2021, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heims01 View Post
Marathon in Pinnellas has recreational gas. I think there are a few other stations around as well. Last time I was there they were getting 3.35 a gallon, I believe.
Yep, same price at The Villages Golf Cart Stores.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markers333 View Post
Best solution = Club Car
Had CC Ceeeeap.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road-Runner View Post
Sounds like a problem with your gauge? If they're holding air the stems are doing what they should, perhaps find a different gauge that fits your stems better?
Agree think it his gauge also, Some gauges the head swivels which makes it harder to get seal and gauge to read properly, some gauge’s are just cheap and inaccurate.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:45 AM

Love our 2010 - Everyone with newer ones having issues, none here and easy to maintain myself....
Old 06-09-2021, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
I have a Yamaha 2015 Fuel injected and a 2014 Carb model, both run excellent. For you owners like me who are new to the Villages.
I could not understand why Owners would go to The Villages Golf Cart Center in Sumter Landing to purchase gas when the prices are higher then most gas stations in the area. Very Simple Answer. They are selling gas with NO ETHANOL. Ethanol will clog up your fuel system especially the older carb models. I think it is worth the slightly higher price for No Ethanol gasoline. Any comments?
Yet another endless debate. Ethanol, in the US comes from corn. It has become a farm subsidy. As a fuel, it is more expensive than gasoline for potential energy. Ethanol actually burns cleaner than gasoline.

As far as gasoline. It is all the same. Actually it all flows through the same pipes. The difference is the detergent package added by the company-the brand. Based on my reading, I do not have any way to test it, Shell and Chevron have the best detergent packages in this area.

People also use their golf carts differently. People who go away for months at a time,
the fuel does go bad over time sitting in the tank.

We use Shell it is up to 10% ethanol at least that is what it says on the pump. Our cart is 9 years old and no problem.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,874 Times in 948 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Agree think it his gauge also, Some gauges the head swivels which makes it harder to get seal and gauge to read properly, some gauge’s are just cheap and inaccurate.
I had the same problem. While I have a compressor, I find it easier to use my bicycle hand pump. The chuck, since it is designed to lock onto the stem and most not only fit the Schrader valves, used on cars and golf carts but the presta valves used on some bikes. The bigger chuck is hard to use on fancy wheels on some, most golf carts.

The solution is simple and inexpensive. Buy valve stem extenders. Like $6.00 for four.
You thread it onto the typical short stems on golf carts and it is easy to fill the tire or check the pressure. I remove them as I do not want people stealing them.

A gauge that doesn't seal, first of all will not give you a proper reading and besides the air that leaks out will drop the pressure in the tire. You will need to pump it up.
Old 06-09-2021, 01:22 PM

2013 EFI Yamaha here with 30k+ miles. Do all my own work including engine oil changes and transaxle gear oil changes. So far replaced battery (twice,) replaced starter / generator, new muffler, new tie rod ends, new windshield, replaced burnout headlight bulbs, one set of rear tires, two sets of front tires and replaced drive belt. Overall, very pleased with cart. Only concern is wet friction brake inside transaxle wearing out. Very expensive repair because you have to remove transaxle and split the case to get at friction plates. Not sure you can get the parts anymore. Yamaha went back to drum brakes in later years. If anyone is considering used cart, I would recommend avoiding ones with this brake setup.
Old 06-09-2021, 02:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,899 Times in 1,519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
I have a Yamaha 2015 Fuel injected and a 2014 Carb model, both run excellent. For you owners like me who are new to the Villages.
I could not understand why Owners would go to The Villages Golf Cart Center in Sumter Landing to purchase gas when the prices are higher then most gas stations in the area. Very Simple Answer. They are selling gas with NO ETHANOL. Ethanol will clog up your fuel system especially the older carb models. I think it is worth the slightly higher price for No Ethanol gasoline. Any comments?
Ethanol clogs up carburetors because it absorbs water, which mixes with the gas and makes a gum solution if the vehicle is left not running for a few weeks. Not sure if injector pressure can overcome a gummy situation?
Old 06-09-2021, 02:23 PM

I guess I'm a real cheapskate ...but I'm a Brit and we don't use as much time in a cart as regular folks when we came to the villages in 2002 I bought a re-manufactured Yamaha Gas 1999/2000 model G16 ...this old baby is still going reat I have it serviced every year when we come back and I did a 4 seat conversion on it with beefed up rear suspension and a new gearbox for a bit more speed all parts from Buggy's Unlimited ...It's still going fine and once we get it going after a summer layover she is very reliable ... we chose Yamaha Gas because we spotted that virtually every country club uses Yamaha Gas ....good recommendation ...I'm wondering whether to trade in made 20+ year old cart on our next trip ...or maybe not !!!
Old 06-09-2021, 03:19 PM

Please differentiate whether you are full time or park your cart for 6-8 months. Big difference in fuel usage and storage
Old 06-09-2021, 04:53 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnInTwo View Post
2013 EFI Yamaha here with 30k+ miles. Do all my own work including engine oil changes and transaxle gear oil changes. So far replaced battery (twice,) replaced starter / generator, new muffler, new tie rod ends, new windshield, replaced burnout headlight bulbs, one set of rear tires, two sets of front tires and replaced drive belt. Overall, very pleased with cart. Only concern is wet friction brake inside transaxle wearing out. Very expensive repair because you have to remove transaxle and split the case to get at friction plates. Not sure you can get the parts anymore. Yamaha went back to drum brakes in later years. If anyone is considering used cart, I would recommend avoiding ones with this brake setup.
I too was concerned, when I changed my transaxle gear oil it had no brake wear dust in fluid. It actually pretty clean for 5 years and 9K miles.

I read on forums that the friction wet brakes rarely ever wear out, probably not enough weight to stop to wear them. Only problems was the cable stretching. Most UTVs and ATVs use the same braking system. Probably more expense than simple drum brakes.
Old 06-09-2021, 04:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Ethanol clogs up carburetors because it absorbs water, which mixes with the gas and makes a gum solution if the vehicle is left not running for a few weeks. Not sure if injector pressure can overcome a gummy situation?
There no fuel bowl in fuel injection. It clogs up carburetors cause the alcohol breaks down, tarnish fuel bowl needle and sticks in seat. Unleaded gas without ethanol will do the same thing but it takes much longer, yes water part of the problem.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:51 PM

We're are sure hoping that the 2022 models will be tops. We are in the process of ordering one from Carolyn @ Country Village Power Equipment in Webster. They are $1,000 less expensive than buying at The Villages. (Yamaha raised their prices $150 for 2022 models, but The Villages "passed along" a $700 markup!! I kid you not).
Old 06-09-2021, 10:48 PM

Use Stabil in gas with ethanol. No problem. Don't use E-15 in anything.
Closed Thread

Tags
carts, yamaha, quietech, year, remove

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.