Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf Cart Rentals (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-cart-rentals-375/)
-   -   Renter Beware: 1st Cart Rental Review (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-cart-rentals-375/renter-beware-1st-cart-rental-review-92094/)

zzz7fb 02-23-2014 05:08 PM

We are planning a third visit this April and intended on renting from 1st cart. Glad I checked. Who should I rent from?

duffysmom 02-23-2014 06:30 PM

Recently we called 1st Cart and after the phone rang approximately 5 times my husband hung up. We get a call back asking if we called, my husband said yes and he quickly said "you need to learn how to leave a message" and hung up. My husband hung up perplexed. Who does that?:confused: Stay away!!!

Blessed2BNTV 02-23-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzz7fb (Post 834226)
We are planning a third visit this April and intended on renting from 1st cart. Glad I checked. Who should I rent from?

Grandma and grandpa Villages Buggies 352-552-8478 Scott

dbussone 02-23-2014 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzz7fb (Post 834226)

Call any of The Villages Cart Stores. They are reasonable and customer oriented.

DigitalGranny 04-26-2014 11:27 AM

Thanks for the warning. I just talked with the guy and won't be renting from him!

PennBF 04-26-2014 11:41 AM

Seniors Against Crime

You should also report it to the Seniors against crime as they keep records on
ilk like this. He should be banned from doing business in the Villages for
threatening a resident of his/her family. Of course a Sheriff's report should be
made so there are records.:mornincoffee:

Kleepcs 05-05-2014 04:21 PM

Marc from golf cart rentals

I am so glad to hear other people have had the same experience. I rented 5 carts this January for my family. They were supposed to be delivered to Spanish Springs Marriott. He delivered all to the Waterfront in Sumpter Landing. When I called him he said "so! Go down and get them". I told him my family had been traveling g all day and it was 8:00 PM and they hadn't had dinner and there were young children in the party. How as I going to get 5 carts back to them??? He reluctantly agreed to deliver them the next day and was rude. When he delivered them one of the carts had no gas......by the way. Foolishly, when our cart was being repaired I rented from him again. The cart he gave us stalled 4 times. I called him and he rudely said " get it to your house and I will bring another tomorrow". Which we did with help from a friend. The second cart would not move unless you gave it a lot of gas and then it JUMPED forward and I almost hit people in the golf parking lot. It was that way all day long. I called him and again he was rude and told me I just didn't know how to drive. I told him to come and pick up his cart and he told me I owed him $80.00 for a couple days rental for carts that did not work. I argued with him and he got nasty. I hung up. I hope my husband is home when he comes for his cart as I am afraid of him.

Kleepcs 05-05-2014 04:34 PM

Terrible, terrible experience with him. Should not be doing business in the villages. Dangerous carts, carts that don't work. He is rude and obnoxious and apparently dangerous. Where else can I post this information so people will see it?

ppn47 05-05-2014 04:51 PM

What is the name of this golf cart company?

VDavis123 05-05-2014 05:25 PM

Thank you for the information ! I called this guy 2weeks ago and was shocked at how he conducts himself on the phone! Also, he quoted me an amount that truly was outlandish. I did not rent from him and will make sure no one I know will!