Advice Please

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:47 PM
Nucky's Avatar
Nucky Nucky is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 9,819
Thanks: 2,275
Thanked 1,150 Times in 576 Posts
Default Advice Please

I have searched the internet and can not come up with a solution. The problem is my right knee must be extended almost fully for me to be comfortable when driving. Is there an way to have a Golf Cart seat moved backward? Any other option to complete the mission would be appreciated. Thank You in advance. One other thing...where can I buy the solution if there is one??
  #2  
Old 03-19-2016, 08:59 PM
dbussone's Avatar
dbussone dbussone is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,844
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
I have searched the internet and can not come up with a solution. The problem is my right knee must be extended almost fully for me to be comfortable when driving. Is there an way to have a Golf Cart seat moved backward? Any other option to complete the mission would be appreciated. Thank You in advance. One other thing...where can I buy the solution if there is one??
We have an upgraded golf cart seat that is adjustable. Backwards is one direction. We bought it from The Villages Golf Cart Store. Anything is possible here Nucky.
__________________
All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.
Winston Churchill
  #3  
Old 03-19-2016, 09:37 PM
DigitalGranny's Avatar
DigitalGranny DigitalGranny is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Cincinnati and The Villages!
Posts: 223
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Also, as I shopped for carts, I found that they vary wildly on how far the pedals are from the seat. EZ Go were the closest. Yamaha were the ones farthest from the seat.
__________________
Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday!

  #4  
Old 03-19-2016, 09:39 PM
Nucky's Avatar
Nucky Nucky is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 9,819
Thanks: 2,275
Thanked 1,150 Times in 576 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
We have an upgraded golf cart seat that is adjustable. Backwards is one direction. We bought it from The Villages Golf Cart Store. Anything is possible here Nucky.
Thank you sir. That was easy. Good job.
  #5  
Old 03-19-2016, 11:22 PM
KittyKat's Avatar
KittyKat KittyKat is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 681
Thanks: 80
Thanked 10 Times in 5 Posts
Default

I also bought a Yamaha because of the seat-to-pedal distance. I had my knee replacements in 2006.
__________________
Barbie
Angel of Mercy
  #6  
Old 03-20-2016, 12:29 AM
Nucky's Avatar
Nucky Nucky is offline
Sage
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 9,819
Thanks: 2,275
Thanked 1,150 Times in 576 Posts
Default

Ah! What a beautiful give and take. Question answered with no shots. What a great example you guys are to others. Thank for the good answers. Yamaha it is with a custom seat, beautiful.
  #7  
Old 03-20-2016, 04:20 AM
Challenger's Avatar
Challenger Challenger is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,159
Thanks: 38
Thanked 281 Times in 118 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalGranny View Post
Also, as I shopped for carts, I found that they vary wildly on how far the pedals are from the seat. EZ Go were the closest. Yamaha were the ones farthest from the seat.
We have two carts. Yamaha for me (6'3") and EZGO for her (5'2"). Pedal distance was the consideration. Saw several after market fixes but they were not very effective.

Good hunting!
__________________
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke 1729-1797
Closed Thread

Tags
solution, option, complete, moved, golf, cart, seat, mission, backward, thing, buy, advance, appreciated, problem, knee, internet, advice, comfortable, searched, driving, extended, fully

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:25 AM.