2020 Championship Golf Rates

Closed Thread
Old 12-15-2019, 09:22 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

Yawn...continental is a dog track...okay, but not really good.
Old 12-15-2019, 09:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,050 Times in 2,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
My husband who is 79 has not missed a Golf day here for the weather(HOT or COLD) and he plays 18 holes on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Sometimes I beg him not to go out as I am too young to be a widow, but he always says; "Somebody's got to do it".

I am so happy he can and he loves it.
Good for him, that's great. We all need to do what makes us happy, because somebody's got to do it, and we will regret not taking advantage of pursuing what makes us happy when we no longer can Sounds like a smart man!
Old 12-15-2019, 09:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by forebubba View Post
More greed by the Developer. Over 10% increase? For what?
I do not agree. For all of the reasons given in this thread. We are a fifty year golfing couple and he has played all over the world.

Like I said before....we are lucky ducks to live here and to play here.

I am SICK of hearing the word GREED.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:54 PM

Like I stated in the original post, these rates have been well received by courses outside of the bubble. No surprise the summer 2020 rates have not been published. For those that said the increase will not bother them, me thinks they might be in the minority. It’s good to know we have options. Not referring to it a greed GG, just not referring to it as an intelligent decision. Then again they are in the housing business.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
We carried cordless drills.
Steve
Old 12-16-2019, 07:34 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
If it needs to be broken down, because I know how some people don't like to research for themselves;

Hacienda up 8
Glenview up 2
Lopez up 2
Palmer no change
Cane up 4
Mallory up 5
Havana up 5
Bonifay up 5
Evans Prairie up 8
Belle Glade up 5
Tierra up 11
Orange Blossom up 4

These increases are for resident members which is what I am, and probably what most are, and compared to 2019 winter rates

Steve
Wow....just wow.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Heat exhaustion comes at no extra cost!
That's no joke. I was playing in a tournament in the afternoon in May one year, high heat index, and one of the ladies did pass out from heat exhaustion. Years ago I had a friend pass out from heat exhaustion after running a race, about an hour after the race ended, and the person died. Its nothing to fool around with or be cavalier about. Our health is more important than saving a few bucks.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

So, at least three threads talking about green fee increases. Does anyone know what the surrounding courses have done? What are their fees compared to last year?
Old 12-16-2019, 02:25 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,770 Times in 3,638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
So, at least three threads talking about green fee increases. Does anyone know what the surrounding courses have done? What are their fees compared to last year?

Let your fingers do the walking.
Old 12-16-2019, 04:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Let your fingers do the walking.
you are correct of course. I was more trying to provoke thinking, than look for an answer.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:05 PM

Just got a $20 monthly increase in social security for 2020. That will be used up in 1 1/2 weeks of golf. Home owners insurance, car insurance, cart insurance, food and restaurants have all increased also. The only logical course of action is to cut back on golf or get a job.
Old 12-16-2019, 05:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billmcnall View Post
Just got a $20 monthly increase in social security for 2020. That will be used up in 1 1/2 weeks of golf. Home owners insurance, car insurance, cart insurance, food and restaurants have all increased also. The only logical course of action is to cut back on golf or get a job.
Restaurants over golf?
Old 12-16-2019, 06:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,050 Times in 2,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Restaurants over golf?
I would eat Ramadan noodles before I sacrificed golf.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:09 PM

FYI, A very good letter to the editor on the ONLINE Enquirer

To the Editor:

I have been a resident of the Villages for 15 years and have played the championship courses thee time a week since I have been here.
I am no way sticking up for the developer in the raising of the rates on the Championship Golf courses but people are looking at the rates going up to $33 – $47 for the winter. People have to realize for years they always had three rate structures – summer, fall and winter. The summer rates were always $15 less from the winter rates and $10 from the fall rates. The winter rates never had a discount for afternoon play in the winter. It was always one rate for all day in the winter. The Championship rates last year ranged between ranges between $30 and $42, Palmer being the highest @$45. With Golf Management Solutions gone and The Villages taking over, they decided to go to only two seasons instead of three. Summer and fall at one rate and Winter at the other rate. In essence the increase for the winter has gone up $2-$5 depending on the course from the winter rates of last year. As I stated they never had an afternoon rate in the winter. Come May 1 the rates will be rolled back as always. People also have to realize that the courses are going through major renovations with the new grass they are doing the greens over with (tift Eagle), Bunker renovations as well as re-designing many of the holes. Plus the fact that all the chemicals and fertilizers have gone up drastically over the last few years. I know the new people that have been here only a couple of years probably didn’t realize how the seasons were structured and looking at this increase are thinking this is gouging. I feel that the courses that have been renovated so far (Lopez-Tierra-Glenview) have really improved over what they were. I understand a couple of other courses are going to be done next Summer also. Over the course of the next five to seven years they are hoping to have all courses re-done with the new grass as well as re-doing the bunkers. As far as the other courses that were mentioned outside The Villages, the only courses worth playing are Stonecreek-Harbor Hills-Eagle Ridge-Mission Inn. The others in the area are cow pastures and as far as Orlando you are looking at about a 45 minute to an hour ride to get there, so it becomes an all-day event. I will continue to play in The Villages with my two groups which consists of 32-56 members three times a week.
Old 12-17-2019, 08:17 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,109 Times in 1,341 Posts

Glad they are available whenever I find the time to play. Plus TVs gives us many choices! While riding in my own nice golf cart.
Closed Thread

Tags
rates, championship, news, prices, alternatives

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.