Played sarasota today...

Closed Thread
Old 02-03-2021, 03:18 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Played sarasota today...

a bit warmer than the past two days, but a lot less wind. Played as a single behind a 4 some. They played quite fast and it was appreciated. Amazingly the greens were holding nicely and for this time of year in very good condition

Took yesterday and Monday off for the wind and temps(when you play 300+ days/yr. it's a small sacrifice). Expected to play iffy and while the middle of the club face remained elusive for most of the day I did hit 8 of 9 greens and totaled a -1 for the round.

To those who think a 1 rating is simple because of the length I dare you to play from any exec. course from the greens an total -1. I play the whites out of choice, not because I need to...it's fun.

The more people I see play from the black tees the more I realize most people don't play to their ability, but to their ego. It's a shame because it's rarely fun to miss 90% of the greens in regulation on par threes and call it fun. It seems many people are into golf masochism than I thought possible.

Do everyone a favor and play from the distance your game dictates and put aside what anyone else may think. When you feel you've mastered that distance...move back one set of tees. I promise you'll derive more enjoyment from the game...oh and fix those pitchmarks(if you don't know how then YouTube it).
Closed Thread

Tags
play, greens, played, people, fun

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.