visited PGA Show in Orlando

Closed Thread
Old 01-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Default visited PGA Show in Orlando

I visited the PGA Show in Orlando yesterday. It looks like there is no recession in the golf business. Lots of attendees. Plenty of new and established companies. All aspects of golf business represented. The obvious amount of investment by these companies to get exposure at this show was staggering. Very good experience and very impressive. Any body else have thoughts
Old 01-29-2011, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts
Default Obviously you are a golf pro..

Only way you can get in, I thought....No recession in the Villages either, all is well, compared to just about anywhere else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggychamp View Post
I visited the PGA Show in Orlando yesterday. It looks like there is no recession in the golf business. Lots of attendees. Plenty of new and established companies. All aspects of golf business represented. The obvious amount of investment by these companies to get exposure at this show was staggering. Very good experience and very impressive. Any body else have thoughts
Old 01-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Sage
Default Fun Show to take in

It is a huge show. I have not gone for a couple of years as there was not enough different from year to year and I did not have money the to buy anything anyway .

My Dad still goes every year. He gets passes for us and friends from a golf course in MA.

The one place I always enjoyed hanging out at the show was the golf training aids section. I could get lost in there for hours talking to inventors about new aids they made. Some you roll your eyes at, but some were very clever. The top of the line stuff the pros get to use is incredible. The machines dedicated to the putting stroke alone were really fun to use.

The last time I was there I was chatting with a guy who was selling a thing that looked like a clothes pin which you clipped onto your clubs instead of laying them on the green when it is wet. I said, you should try to get on that silly inventor's show on the golf channel to which he said, I did , I won last years show, to which I thought . Nice guy, we chatted for quite a while.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/20284/4865/

Last edited by ajbrown; 01-30-2011 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:19 AM
Default PGA Show in Orlando

Nope not a pro...far from it...just involved in golf, that's all
Old 01-30-2011, 09:21 AM
Default PGA Show in Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbrown View Post
It is a huge show. I have not gone for a couple of years as there was not enough different from year to year and I did not have money the to buy anything anyway .

My Dad still goes every year. He gets passes for us and friends from a golf course in MA.

The one place I always enjoyed hanging out at the show was the golf training aids section. I could get lost in there for hours talking to inventors about new aids they made. Some you roll your eyes at, but some were very clever. The top of the line stuff the pros get to use is incredible. The machines dedicated to the putting stroke alone were really fun to use.

The last time I was there I was chatting with a guy who was selling a thing that looked like a clothes pin which you clipped onto your clubs instead of laying them on the green when it is wet. I said, you should try to get on that silly inventor's show on the golf channel to which he said, I did , I won last years show, to which I thought . Nice guy, we chatted for quite a while.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/20284/4865/
Hi AJ
Good to hear from you again. I went for several years also and felt the sameness as you indicate. However, having been gone for a while, I was impressed with what I saw. You are right about the putting thing...there were more putters than anything. Great experience to be there again. Keep in touch.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.