About Country Club Membership

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2019, 06:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default In another world where many Villagers used to live.....

country club membership fee. - Bing
Old 06-30-2019, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Priority Membership is a money grab for the powers that be running the Championship Golf Courses. It is discrimination against part time residents since there is no way the membership cost can be cost beneficial if you are not year round golfers. I get it that no one would bother to get the priority membership during the summer since the courses are not busy, but to make the membership only work for those who are at the Villages full time makes it very difficult for part time residents to get decent t-times during the busy season. How about making the membership available on a monthly basis like the way one can sign up for the t-time system on the Villages.Net?????
Old 06-30-2019, 08:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,467 Times in 3,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Priority Membership is a money grab for the powers that be running the Championship Golf Courses. It is discrimination against part time residents since there is no way the membership cost can be cost beneficial if you are not year round golfers. I get it that no one would bother to get the priority membership during the summer since the courses are not busy, but to make the membership only work for those who are at the Villages full time makes it very difficult for part time residents to get decent t-times during the busy season. How about making the membership available on a monthly basis like the way one can sign up for the t-time system on the Villages.Net?????
I hadn't even thought of that. They have seasonal rates for greens fees, maybe they could have seasonal rates for priority membership too. If you want to use the country club pools during peak season (snowbird season) you pay $130 for that season. If you want it only off-season (summer) you only pay $80 for the off-season. If you want it year-round you'd pay the yearly rate of $200.

As I said, tennis already has "per visit" rates, so it looks like it's only the pool that is absolutely not allowed without a full year membership, regardless of how many or few months you actually reside in the Villages.

It'd be really awesome though if they allowed a per-visit usage fee for the country club pools, for homeowners of the Villages. I'd just absolutely love to check out the one in Orange Blossom, and I will be living there permanently full-time in just a couple of months (we already own the home and have started moving in). My husband can get tee-times there (not free, I was on a roll, yes I know there's a fee to play golf at the country clubs), we can play tennis in Hacienda for a fee if we want (we don't play tennis), we can eat at the restaurant, park in the parking lot, attend the tournaments and other events even if we can't participate in them, but if I want to go for a swim I have to PASS that pool, in order to get to the next-closest pool to my house because I'm not allowed to swim in that one.

It just doesn't make much sense to me. Sort of like a bait and switch from a marketing standpoint, if you use their promotional brochures, videos, and website as your example of what to expect if you buy in the Villages.

Last edited by OrangeBlossomBaby; 06-30-2019 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-30-2019, 09:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Priority Memberships (click here)
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	Priority Membership Costs.jpg
Views:	478
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	80022  
Old 07-01-2019, 06:11 AM
Sage

The rules and regulations for priority membership seem to work for about 125,000 people so far.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,357 Times in 2,392 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
The rules and regulations for priority membership seem to work for about 125,000 people so far.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,467 Times in 3,092 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Actually I don't think you know that at all. Ask all the snowbirds who own homes in the Villages if those priority membership rules and regs work for them. I would be surprised if you found the majority agreed with you.
Old 07-01-2019, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Priority memberships for golf can be purchased for 6 months. You can purchase priority poll membership for $260 for 2 people for the year.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:15 AM

Your complaint is nothing new - it is what it is - sign up, don’t sign up, deal with it!
Old 07-01-2019, 08:28 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

If offering priority memberships to the country clubs is a complaint, then we truly live in a great place.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Please stop confusing the issue with facts.
Old 07-01-2019, 08:50 AM

Does it say anywhere that these are exclusive country clubs? You do get free golf, just not free if you choose to ride in your cart then you pay for that privilege to ride, no different than a toll road, you have a choice. Just walk and you can play for free. If you do not research before you purchase here, who is at fault? Priority membership gets you priority, can get full year or half or not at all. You can still play, you just accept price and time as they are set. If you do not like prices or rules because you are only here part time then move here full time. Your choice and you again should have done your homework before you bought here.
Old 07-01-2019, 11:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Yes, we need fresh thinking fresh ideas. Otherwise, things can never get better.
Old 07-01-2019, 02:44 PM

Wait a minute , I don't golf, or play tennis, but i do swim, so I cant use the pool . When I went in the Villages trolley ride from the sales Department , the old guy never mentioned anything about having to pay for a swimming pool. Nor did he mention that the *developer ignores the condemned sinkhole homes in District 4, and the DRY LAKES in Districts*2 and 4.*
Old 07-01-2019, 02:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
Does it say anywhere that these are exclusive country clubs? You do get free golf, just not free if you choose to ride in your cart then you pay for that privilege to ride, no different than a toll road, you have a choice. Just walk and you can play for free. If you do not research before you purchase here, who is at fault? Priority membership gets you priority, can get full year or half or not at all. You can still play, you just accept price and time as they are set. If you do not like prices or rules because you are only here part time then move here full time. Your choice and you again should have done your homework before you bought here.
We have a BINGO!
Closed Thread

Tags
country, golf, member, clubs, championship

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.