About Country Club Membership

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2019, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Actually I don't think you know that at all. Ask all the snowbirds who own homes in the Villages if those priority membership rules and regs work for them. I would be surprised if you found the majority agreed with you.
I bet you haven't polled all of the snowbirds either. But those of us who have lived here for more than a dozen years have talked to hundreds of people because it IS a friendly place.

As a new Villager, who has spent only three or four weeks here, you really have not given yourself time to see that it works very well. Most new golfers don't want to spend five hours to play eighteen holes of golf so the nine hole courses with your choice of level of difficulty is a good thing and they are free if you walk and four bucks if you drive your golf cart. I think there are 70 free pools that come with ownership here. We learn that driving some ways here is entertainment in itself, and don't think much of going to far away golf courses to play so "driving by a pool you have to pay for doesn't really seem like a big problem to me.

Most golf courses in the "real world" charge for people to just ride along to watch and that is free here. And trail fees are much more than four bucks in that other life outside this lovely place.
Old 07-01-2019, 03:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
Does it say anywhere that these are exclusive country clubs? You do get free golf, just not free if you choose to ride in your cart then you pay for that privilege to ride, no different than a toll road, you have a choice. Just walk and you can play for free.
You're confusing executive golf, free if you walk, $4 if you ride in your cart, free with a annual trail fee of about $150. The Country Clubs are never free, even if you walk. Currently the non-priority resident green fees at most courses is $34, whether you walk or ride. A priority membership would discount that fee about $10 and you would get priority on your teetime requests and would include your trail fee on the executive courses, that's what it does for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capecoralbill
Wait a minute , I don't golf, or play tennis, but i do swim, so I cant use the pool . When I went in the Villages trolley ride from the sales Department , the old guy never mentioned anything about having to pay for a swimming pool.
You probably have 2 or 3 pools within a half a mile of your home that are free. I live just off St. Charles near Southern Star and I have St. James and Tamarind Grove Neighborhood pools and Sterling Hgts Rec Center Pool, all within a 5 minute cart ride and they're free.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:16 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Actually I don't think you know that at all. Ask all the snowbirds who own homes in the Villages if those priority membership rules and regs work for them. I would be surprised if you found the majority agreed with you.

As an X-Snow, hell yes Priority Membership work for me. Six month membership paid for itself. The math is easy.
Old 07-02-2019, 01:42 PM
Veteran member

I sometimes wonder if local non-Villagers realize that the country club restaurants aren't restricted to residents. I only eat at them maybe once a month but have never seen a group in their 20s-30s or a young family. Villagers with their adult children, sure, but not young folks by themselves.

But I almost exclusively eat there for lunch or brunch, so perhaps it's different at dinner service?
Old 07-02-2019, 01:46 PM

People who feel deceived after they purchased obviously did not perform due diligence prior to buying. We visited for one day, then spent several months researching The Villages on the internet (including reading Talk of The Villages), and finally rented for one entire month so that we would know everything that was important for us in making a decision to buy or not buy here. I never understood how anyone can come here for one Lifestyle Preview visit for just a few days and learn all they need to learn in order to make a well educated decision about buying here and moving here. We knew about bonds, access to medical care, pre-owned versus new construction, club activities that interested us, the free swimming pools of which there are many, golf carts, retail stores, restaurants, country clubs, trail fees, priority golf, timelines from deposit to closing for purchasing a spec home versus designing a new construction, access to an auto dealership for our auto, landscaping, restrictions and covenants, property taxes, utilities, annual maintenance fees, insurance, guest passes, climate, and much more. Nothing has surprised us since we moved here other than how so many people believe rules/laws do not apply to themselves and how fast the developer keeps finding new areas in which to build.

Tags
country, golf, member, clubs, championship

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.