Is this an Accessible Golf Cart?

Closed Thread
Old 11-29-2020, 09:21 AM

Your asking the wrong people. Take that pic to Village carts and ask them.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:24 AM

Why do some Villagers feel like they are so much better than others? The original poster merely asked a simple question. And then is lambasted by insults. Nice. A lot of villagers turn their carts up to go faster than 20 mph, are you going to bash them as well? A simple yes or no followed by a simple explanation would of and did suffice. But then to go on to insult him was just rude, but such is life here in the villages “America’s friendliest retirement community”.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:27 AM

At a minimum different tires. Call Víllages golf in Sumter
Old 11-29-2020, 09:29 AM

I think those that react to the original question with the hateful responses should spend a bit more time in church. As for me, I'd truly enjoy riding around TV in an ATV or a dune buggy - but just not on the golf courses.
Old 11-29-2020, 09:47 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottS View Post
Why do some Villagers feel like they are so much better than others? The original poster merely asked a simple question. And then is lambasted by insults. Nice. .
Old 11-29-2020, 09:47 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,051 Times in 523 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
Too ugly for me lol camo on a golf course ?
Right? You would have to keep trying to find it after you took your shot.
Old 11-29-2020, 10:35 AM

I've seen these and others(i.e. maintenance ATVs) on cart paths, so I don't think you have any issue there. As for the speed, as long as you're not caught exceeding, you're fine(many golf carts are turned up a bit). But the tires, definitely have to change. There is a list of acceptable tires that are allowed on golf courses, to prevent damage. You'll definitely have to comply with that, even though many course maintenance carts and mowers do much more damage(which I observed as an Ambassador). Good luck. And ignore the negative comments!
Old 11-29-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I saw this same vehicle - at Lowes right? Noticed the price - yikes - had the same fleeting thought then....nah. Always knew that golf cart mfrs and retailers made crazy LOADS of profit on carts, esp in TV. Let's face it - you can get a new CAR for a few thousand $$$ more than a loaded new golf cart.

Case in point - just googled. A REAL new car, with all the safety stuff:

2020 Toyota Yaris LE Hatchback MSRP $17,750

The 2020 Toyota Yaris hatchback is a four-door subcompact sold in two trims. The LE is fairly lightly equipped but packs a few desirable features, among them Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Under the hood of every Yaris is a 1.5-liter four-cylinder engine (106 horsepower, 103 lb-ft of torque) that drives the front wheels through a six-speed automatic transmission.
Standard Yaris LE features include 16-inch alloy wheels, heated mirrors, foglights, keyless entry and ignition, a 60/40-split rear seat, a 7-inch touchscreen, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, and a six-speaker audio system. You also get forward collision warning with automatic emergency braking at low speeds.
I love your post ! Smart and on point
Old 11-29-2020, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,930 Times in 2,700 Posts

Too wide to fit in narrow lane on Lake Sumter bridge and would most likely be to tall to go through tunnels in Lopez area. And most importantly, where do the golf clubs go?

Don’t get me wrong, these UTV’s are really cool rides. We use the Polaris version of these for hunting at our friends place in New Hampshire and have a blast with them. But definitely not appropriate for the MMP’s in the Villages.
Old 11-29-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
When looking for a bargain on golf carts, don't just shop in TV. Go 20 miles south to Webster Florida and get a new Yamaha gas cart for about $7,500, a place called I-4 Power.

Golf Carts - I4 POWER EQUIPMENT

The Villages Florida
Those carts at I-4 Power are stripped down small tired very basic carts, not Village Ready carts. Add ALL the upgrades and what does it tally to above the $7500. price?
Old 11-29-2020, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
That is not a golf cart, it is a 4X4 UTV designed for off-road all terrain use. The engine is about a full 1/3 more powerful than a Yamaha Quiet Tech and that thing will probably do 50 MPH. Those tires would rip up a golf course.

Lol it's a WHOLE lot more powerful than 1/3 of a golf cart. This thing would pull 4 of them through a mudhole and tear up the ground like a backhoe would
Old 11-29-2020, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf6969 View Post
Those carts at I-4 Power are stripped down small tired very basic carts, not Village Ready carts. Add ALL the upgrades and what does it tally to above the $7500. price?
If the fellow is not a golfer, how many extras does he really need. Sure you can spend $1500 on just new seats alone and $800 on a Sunbrella shade, but here's a fellow that would of been happy with an $8,000 UTV, and in his mind a golf cart is twice the price, he's thinking $16,000 and he's apparently looked no further than TV. I was just trying to set his mind right and to realize there are many options if you just leave the bubble. Look at a basic cart and and what you might need to add just to drive on our MMP, you could certainly come close in price to the UTV, which would also require some changes to be made to operate here.
Old 11-29-2020, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Why do some Villagers feel like they are so much better than others? The original poster merely asked a simple question. And then is lambasted by insults. Nice. A lot of villagers turn their carts up to go faster than 20 mph, are you going to bash them as well? A simple yes or no followed by a simple explanation would of and did suffice. But then to go on to insult him was just rude, but such is life here in the villages “America’s friendliest retirement community”.
I agree the tone here can be testy at times but I reviewed the original post and subsequent replies and did not see a single insult or nasty comment. It appears everyone’s reply was directly related to the original post.
Old 11-29-2020, 02:04 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrmauu View Post
I agree the tone here can be testy at times but I reviewed the original post and subsequent replies and did not see a single insult or nasty comment. It appears everyone’s reply was directly related to the original post.
By the time you arrived, the comments were deleted.
Old 11-29-2020, 03:42 PM

Quote:
... but such is life here in the villages “America’s friendliest retirement community”.
TV was also known for many years as "Disney World for Seniors" and people often talk about living in "the bubble" of TV.
These days it seems more accurate to describe TV as a cross between "Stepford for Seniors" and "The Dome." LOL

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, cart, traditional, acceptable, wheels

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.