After hours golf

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2017, 10:47 PM
Default After hours golf

Hi, I know this has been talked about before , but I thought I would ask it again. I am wondering what the rules were regarding after hours golf ? What I mean is playing on a executive or championship course after the last tee time till it gets dark. I do understand that you should factor in if that person has paid their cart fee if they were using a cart. Also is going on the championship courses after hours allowed at all ?

Again sorry for asking this again, just wondering
Old 11-22-2017, 12:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDIronton View Post
Hi, I know this has been talked about before , but I thought I would ask it again. I am wondering what the rules were regarding after hours golf ? What I mean is playing on a executive or championship course after the last tee time till it gets dark. I do understand that you should factor in if that person has paid their cart fee if they were using a cart. Also is going on the championship courses after hours allowed at all ?

No. Called trespassing.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
No. Called trespassing.
Isn't that what the stocks are for at the squares?

Old 11-22-2017, 06:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:

Call 352 750 4558 Tee Time Office. There is an official position for both Executive and Championship courses and they are different. But this is almost a non conversation. Both the Execs and Championship courses increased their starter hours to prevent people from outside TV from walking on the courses several years ago. Those hours at this time of year pretty much correspond to sunrise to sunset.
Old 11-22-2017, 08:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,359 Times in 2,393 Posts

These folks may have more information:
For more information about the Executive Golf Trail, trail fee information and all information pertaining to golf in The Villages, please visit GolfTheVillages.com or contact The Villages Golf & Country Club Administration offices at 352-753-3396
Old 11-22-2017, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:

Good Golf School
Old 11-22-2017, 09:06 AM

So here is the answer I received from the tee time office. Absolutely not ! They said for safety and many other reasons there is not to be anyone on the course after the last tee time. Now we know. Thank you guys for all your input.

Happy Thanksgiving
Old 03-05-2018, 08:51 PM

JDIronton- well if that is their position it changed from the fall of 2017 because we called and were told we could walk on after pro shop closed and last teetime. We were told we would be met by the ambassador on the course (we were) and he would take our names and the next day we should go into the proshop and pay for greens fees. Doublechecked with the guy at the bag drop when we arrived (becuse starter shack was empty) and he confirmed this guidance. ANd on the first green of Calusa, ambassador met us. This was about 6 pm.
Old 03-05-2018, 10:42 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIgolfers View Post
JDIronton- well if that is their position it changed from the fall of 2017 because we called and were told we could walk on after pro shop closed and last teetime. We were told we would be met by the ambassador on the course (we were) and he would take our names and the next day we should go into the proshop and pay for greens fees. Doublechecked with the guy at the bag drop when we arrived (becuse starter shack was empty) and he confirmed this guidance. ANd on the first green of Calusa, ambassador met us. This was about 6 pm.
Yep. I love playing late in the day. I use this system regularly.
Old 03-06-2018, 12:05 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
So here is the answer I received from the tee time office. Absolutely not ! They said for safety and many other reasons there is not to be anyone on the course after the last tee time. Now we know. Thank you guys for all your input.

Happy Thanksgiving ������
If your headlights on your golf cart are good, no problem!
Old 03-06-2018, 03:30 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Nope....

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIgolfers View Post
you can not play the championship courses after hours...PERIOD! The exec's are an entirely different matter and you should clarify the difference.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
you can not play the championship courses after hours...PERIOD! The exec's are an entirely different matter and you should clarify the difference.
I've talked to several Champ pro shops and they said they have no reason to think the late play option...at least in the summer...is going to change.

You start playing. The Ambassador writes you a ticket. You pay the next day. Win-win for everybody.

Nobody is saying you can sneak on and not expect to pay. The ambassadors are there until dusk. There is control during all daylight hours.
Old 03-06-2018, 05:25 PM

Yup, get yourself some of these and get out there.

https://chickadeesolutions.com/produ...CABEgL5avD_BwE
Old 03-06-2018, 06:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

I consider the golf course as store operation hours. Once the door is locked (starter shack closes cause the last tee time went off.) I consider the course closed as in not open for play
Old 03-06-2018, 06:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I consider the golf course as store operation hours. Once the door is locked (starter shack closes cause the last tee time went off.) I consider the course closed as in not open for play
With all due respect, Golf Admin and the Pro Shops support the system. That’s what counts.

Why let the courses sit empty, when paying customers are eager to play?
Closed Thread

Tags
hours, wondering, cart, championship, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.