Annual Villages Scramble

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Veteran member
Default Annual Villages Scramble

Has anyone seen or heard anything of this event.
Usually played in April before most snowbird go home.
Last year was kind of a 'bust' but just wondering if it's dead or they're going to keep it on life support.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 03-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aln View Post
Has anyone seen or heard anything of this event.
Usually played in April before most snowbird go home.
Last year was kind of a 'bust' but just wondering if it's dead or they're going to keep it on life support.
It was called the Phillips scramble. Phillips is a local auto dealer with representing several brands who sponsored the event. My best guess is the condition of the economy for the last couple of years has lead him to withdraw sponsorship. So far no one else has stepped up to fill the void. It was a pretty big event and must have cost big bucks to sponsor.
Old 03-29-2010, 06:53 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
It was called the Phillips scramble. Phillips is a local auto dealer with representing several brands who sponsored the event. My best guess is the condition of the economy for the last couple of years has lead him to withdraw sponsorship. So far no one else has stepped up to fill the void. It was a pretty big event and must have cost big bucks to sponsor.
Last years scramble was put on the The Villages. It failed to compare with the Phillips. After speaking with the volunteers from last years event I would doubt there would be a second Villages scramble this year.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.