Priority Golf Package for Exec Courses??

Closed Thread
Old 04-01-2013, 04:40 AM
Default Priority Golf Package for Exec Courses??

With the success (revenue) that the Trail Package brings in, I've heard that consideration is being given to introduce a "Priority Package" kind of deal for the winter months on the executive courses.

You'd have the opportunity to purchase a 4-month EPP (Executive Priority Package) that would allow you and other EPP holders to gain priority on t-times till mid-afternoon. (That allows the "golf free for life" commitment to still hold true, but only after the mid-afternoon hours during Jan-April.)

There's even talk of adding a handicap system and daily tournaments for those who also buy the 9-hole handicap package for the 4 winter months.

Looks like you could do all this separate from the Trail Package deal...which doesn't seem like such a good deal in and of itself as it only looks good after the mid-afternoon time.

It's all just rumor as I don't have any inside knowledge, but sounds interesting.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano_hoosier View Post
With the success (revenue) that the Trail Package brings in, I've heard that consideration is being given to introduce a "Priority Package" kind of deal for the winter months on the executive courses.

You'd have the opportunity to purchase a 4-month EPP (Executive Priority Package) that would allow you and other EPP holders to gain priority on t-times till mid-afternoon. (That allows the "golf free for life" commitment to still hold true, but only after the mid-afternoon hours during Jan-April.)

There's even talk of adding a handicap system and daily tournaments for those who also buy the 9-hole handicap package for the 4 winter months.

Looks like you could do all this separate from the Trail Package deal...which doesn't seem like such a good deal in and of itself as it only looks good after the mid-afternoon time.

It's all just rumor as I don't have any inside knowledge, but sounds interesting.
I don't know where you heard this, but it would be a terrible idea.

In addition to being a logistical nightmare, it would seriously compromise the basic promise of "free executive golf". Trail fees serve to help fund the golf course maintenance, but this would create a " class envy " mentality.

The system now in place is amazingly fair to all golfers.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:56 AM
Sage

Quote:

I try never to say never, but I for one cannot see The Villages inflicting something that would be this discriminatory against the full time residents. What you are insinuating would mean stripping the full time residents of the most popular amenity offered and accepted that being free executive golf for life during any daylight hour.

One can pay the additional fee for the trail fee for your cart, but that does not interfere with your free for life if you walk. To restrict full time residents from this free for life amenity would be a legal contradiction to the original contract with 10's of thousands of residents.

FROM THE VILLAGES WEBSITE: That's right! As a Village resident you'll enjoy Free golf* for the rest of your life on all of our executive golf courses.

* Green fees on the executive courses are free for residents. There is no charge to a resident for walking. A trail fee (per person) is required for use of a golf car on the courses and may be paid daily, semi-annually or annually
Old 04-01-2013, 06:16 AM
Veteran member

Slippery slope.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:32 AM
Gold member

Most golfers already are basically guaranteed morning times if they golf 3 sometimes 4 times a week. This would destroy the successful business model and lower home values. Sales of new homes would plummet. It will never happen.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Another danged rumor.

Mikeod...are you reading this?? You serve on a golf committee. Do you have any inside information you can share?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:14 AM
Gold member

This was discussed yesterday during dinner with friends. Most were in favor of this, providing the fee is no more than the reported $300 per person per year. The general feeling was that if it will get us a tee time, it's a great idea. We'll see.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:44 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

It would be great to have a handicap system on executive courses.

Quote:

Old 04-01-2013, 07:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Sounds like a rumor to me--- However if instituted the subsrquent class action law suit will provide lots of fodder for this forum
Old 04-01-2013, 08:00 AM

First off golf is not free for life if you are handicap and need the assistance of a cart. Then on top of that you have to pay an annual FEE for the sleeve that goes on your cart. To do away with the crowded tee times they need to build more executive golf courses south of 466A. They are building houses faster than the courses that should be over there.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:27 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Another danged rumor.

Mikeod...are you reading this?? You serve on a golf committee. Do you have any inside information you can share?
We meet on the 11th and I'll put the question on the agenda. We've never had discussions on this topic. However, my belief is that this (the priority system) won't happen. First, the current system works well even in the high season. As others have stated, most people are able to get a time. It may not be the course you want, or the perfect time, but it is a chance to play. Those who are in larger groups, like 16 or more players, may get shut out when some members have high point counts. Second, it really does fly against the "free for life" statement, especially since the rumor limits access for non-priority to mid-afternoon. In the winter, that would result in a crowd of people trying to finish 9 holes before dark.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:29 AM
Gold member

FROM THE VILLAGES WEBSITE: That's right! As a Village resident you'll enjoy Free golf* for the rest of your life on all of our executive golf courses.---Does not say --- Free golf all day
Old 04-01-2013, 08:41 AM
Sage
Default I heard a similar thing

Seems like a good thread on a day like today. I was talking to a neighbor who has a friend that played golf with someone that worked with a lady whose husband was involved with the executive golf in TV. Seems this rumor is spot on. In fact, from the sounds of it, the EPP system would have additional levels. For instance, there is a premium package that allows you to bring spectators and even hit mulligans as long as no premium members were behind you. He was not sure of the cost. Will be interesting to hear more…..
Old 04-01-2013, 08:54 AM

Quote:

You Got ME, I just caught on and I'm pretty good at sniffing out this stuff.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Veteran member

How about if renters get assessed a higher point value per round of golf (say 2 points per round). That way the property owners who enjoy playing golf will have a better shot at the more desirable tee times during the winter months.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.