Any walkers using Exec. Courses?

Closed Thread
Old 11-21-2014, 04:31 PM
TOTV Moderator

Let's get back on topic of walking the golf courses.
Old 11-21-2014, 04:36 PM

My husband and I always walk the executive courses. A lot of times we beat our friends to the next tee box in their golf cart, because we take shortcuts. We only carry a few clubs in a Sunday bag. It's great exercise!!
Old 11-22-2014, 05:05 AM
Default Walker groups

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavalier65 View Post
Is there a "group" for walkers? Any courses more than others? They seem few, far and between?
I haven't seen any 'advertised' walker groups, but last year we formed a loose group calling ourselves The Black Tee Walkers - pretty self explanatory! We always walk the courses (and incidentally have never held up the riders behind) and found when we first arrived in The Villages that we made lots of friends simply by meeting other walkers on the course - an opportunity to chat along the way.
It's not compulsory to play off the black tees of course, but we did find that having a name to the group caught on. So far, we've played every executive course here
Please send a reply if you are interested.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolmaidstone View Post
I haven't seen any 'advertised' walker groups, but last year we formed a loose group calling ourselves The Black Tee Walkers - pretty self explanatory! We always walk the courses (and incidentally have never held up the riders behind) and found when we first arrived in The Villages that we made lots of friends simply by meeting other walkers on the course - an opportunity to chat along the way.
It's not compulsory to play off the black tees of course, but we did find that having a name to the group caught on. So far, we've played every executive course here
Please send a reply if you are interested.
Thanks for your post. Yes, I am interested in a "Walkers Group" for the Executive Courses. I use a push cart. We are moving to TV within 30 days and I look forward to the comradarie and exercise walking the courses
Old 11-22-2014, 10:59 AM
Sage

Very interested in a walkers group. Let me know if you need contact info.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I walk 1 to 2 courses a day. They are fun to walk. I only wish there were more benches to sit while we wait. When I die I asked the family to donate at least 1 bench per course for all the walkers!
Feel free to use our bench on the 9th Tee at Bacall. And, wave as you go by, we live directly across the street.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.