Atomic car

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 03-24-2021, 05:28 PM
Juliewaters Juliewaters is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 26
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default Atomic car

We are thinking about purchasing an atomic car as it looks and sounds like a great golf cart. Just wondering what you guys think about the atomic car. The one we want is a lithium powered electric cart.
Would appreciate any input you have
Thank you
Julie
  #2  
Old 03-24-2021, 05:52 PM
Topspinmo's Avatar
Topspinmo Topspinmo is offline
Sage
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.
Posts: 7,870
Thanks: 3,601
Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,123 Posts
Default

My neighbor has one, it’s got A/C and heat. He really likes it. But he only uses it to got to store which about mile and half away.
  #3  
Old 03-24-2021, 07:07 PM
twoplanekid's Avatar
twoplanekid twoplanekid is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: born Urbana,Il lived in Urbana Ohio for 65 years a house in Lake Deaton
Posts: 1,670
Thanks: 3
Thanked 379 Times in 144 Posts
Default

Another to look at as it is similar would be the Crown view golf carts located behind Russell Stover shop off of 44 across the bridge west of Wildwood. I own one that is identical to the CR-4 crown only a 2019. The range of mine with regular sealed batteries is 60 miles per charge.

Crown View I | Crown Golf Carts
  #4  
Old 03-24-2021, 09:13 PM
John_W John_W is offline
Sage
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,373
Thanks: 2,112
Thanked 2,888 Times in 1,134 Posts
Default

...

Last edited by John_W; 04-01-2021 at 03:37 PM.
  #5  
Old 03-25-2021, 05:03 AM
Juliewaters Juliewaters is offline
Junior Member
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 26
Thanks: 6
Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Thanks very much
  #6  
Old 03-25-2021, 06:00 AM
DeanFL's Avatar
DeanFL DeanFL is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,704
Thanks: 329
Thanked 2,245 Times in 541 Posts
Default

.
.
It always astounds me when I see the prices of new golf carts here. We have a 2010 Tomberlin with 9,000 miles now. And we plan to simply maintain/repair it until WE croak. When I see new carts at about $10K UP - the Atomic is $15K???

Even this year - a BRAND NEW CAR base price is a bit more than that. There are quite a few NEW cars with all the safety features +++ for $15K-$18KMSRP. There must be such a HUGE profit margin in golf carts. EVERY individual component of a golf car vs "regular car" HAS TO BE so much cheaper to manufacture - example, GC engine vs car, transmission, suspension, interior, even wheels/tires.

Here's an example of one of those New Cars>

2021 Nissan Versa
Base price: $15,855

Fuel Economy EPA combined/city/highway: 30/27/35 mpg
Warranty: 5-year/60,000-mile powertrain and 3-year/36,000-mile limited warranty

The Nissan Versa is a safe bet both in terms of safety and finances. The Versa comes standard with front and rear automated emergency braking, automatic high-beams, and lane-departure warning. It also uses a larger 7.0-inch touchscreen for infotainment. A 122-hp inline-four powers the front wheels with a standard five-speed manual transmission.
.
.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20-versa-blue-1-1-source-1607620736.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	88786   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20tdiuslhd-lo2db016-source-1607620735.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	88787  
__________________
I have CDO. It's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order - AS THEY SHOULD BE.
"Yesterday Belongs to History, Tomorrow Belongs to God, Today Belongs to Me"
  #7  
Old 03-25-2021, 09:51 AM
Malsua Malsua is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 344
Thanks: 33
Thanked 431 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
.There must be such a HUGE profit margin in golf carts.
.
.
You're missing the scale of it.

Nissan built and sold 1.5 million cars in 2017 and 2018. The industry as a whole is somewhere north of 18 million in the US alone and 100million globally.

All manufacturers of all carts sold were under 100,000 units in 2017. Club car has a sales of $105,000,000. Sounds like a lot until you realize the average new cart is around $18,000-20000, putting the total sales at under 6000 units. You don't get the same discount on parts for 6000 pieces as you do for 1.5 million + 20% for repairs.

While I don't doubt they make profit, it's probably not Simon Bar Sinister level of profits.

Last edited by Malsua; 03-25-2021 at 10:08 AM.
  #8  
Old 03-25-2021, 10:01 AM
Mortal1 Mortal1 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 466
Thanks: 3
Thanked 1,067 Times in 212 Posts
Default

You get what you pay for...so if you buy a less expensive cart don't be surprised if it doesn't live up to your expectations.
  #9  
Old 03-25-2021, 11:16 AM
DeanFL's Avatar
DeanFL DeanFL is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,704
Thanks: 329
Thanked 2,245 Times in 541 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
You're missing the scale of it.

Nissan built and sold 1.5 million cars in 2017 and 2018. The industry as a whole is somewhere north of 18 million in the US alone and 100million globally.

All manufacturers of all carts sold were under 100,000 units in 2017. Club car has a sales of $105,000,000. Sounds like a lot until you realize the average new cart is around $18,000-20000, putting the total sales at under 6000 units. You don't get the same discount on parts for 6000 pieces as you do for 1.5 million + 20% for repairs.

While I don't doubt they make profit, it's probably not Simon Bar Sinister level of profits.
.
.
of course... the volume/cost re individual "parts" are certainly not comparable.

BUT There is NO WAY that the individual (in my example) Nissan Versa CAR engine and transmission has the same material and labor cost VERSUS the little engine and 'belt transmission' in a Yamaha or such GOLF CART.

I could provide many more examples - assembly by assembly - CAR vs CART that blows away the 'unit volume' argument. Please - 'sinister'?
.
.
__________________
I have CDO. It's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order - AS THEY SHOULD BE.
"Yesterday Belongs to History, Tomorrow Belongs to God, Today Belongs to Me"
  #10  
Old 03-25-2021, 11:43 AM
Road-Runner's Avatar
Road-Runner Road-Runner is offline
Member
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: Village of Bradford
Posts: 89
Thanks: 114
Thanked 63 Times in 35 Posts
Default

If I thought I'd get away with it I'd buy a clean used Prius, swap out the badges for 'EZ GO' and ride the cart paths in air conditioned comfort.... the wife told me NO.
  #11  
Old 03-25-2021, 06:56 PM
Malsua Malsua is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 344
Thanks: 33
Thanked 431 Times in 149 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
.
.
of course... the volume/cost re individual "parts" are certainly not comparable.

BUT There is NO WAY that the individual (in my example) Nissan Versa CAR engine and transmission has the same material and labor cost VERSUS the little engine and 'belt transmission' in a Yamaha or such GOLF CART.

I could provide many more examples - assembly by assembly - CAR vs CART that blows away the 'unit volume' argument. Please - 'sinister'?
.
.
I happen to work in a factory, at least for another week. I also work with suppliers, globally. I can tell you that the first part costs all the money. Each subsequent part is dirt cheap, to the point that packaging, storage and shipment becomes a substantial portion of the cost.

Once you are tooled up and the machines start, each additional piece cost approaches zero. Furthermore, when you work with countries that manipulate their currency, you get insane imbalances.

As to sinister, Simon Bar Sinister is a cartoon character. He would do all these evil plots to steal all the money and rule the world. He was always defeated by Underdog.
  #12  
Old 03-25-2021, 08:06 PM
DeanFL's Avatar
DeanFL DeanFL is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,704
Thanks: 329
Thanked 2,245 Times in 541 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post
I happen to work in a factory, at least for another week. I also work with suppliers, globally. I can tell you that the first part costs all the money. Each subsequent part is dirt cheap, to the point that packaging, storage and shipment becomes a substantial portion of the cost.

Once you are tooled up and the machines start, each additional piece cost approaches zero. Furthermore, when you work with countries that manipulate their currency, you get insane imbalances.

As to sinister, Simon Bar Sinister is a cartoon character. He would do all these evil plots to steal all the money and rule the world. He was always defeated by Underdog.
.
.
so, this means -still- that with all the information and data that I COULD supply to you, that a $15,500 (or so) brand new Yamaha Golf Cart (or Atomic, etc) has the same cost/content as that 2021 Nissan Versa that I had shown? So that little single-cylinder Yamaha engine & belt transmission total manufacturing cost is the same for Yamaha as it is for that Nissan hi-tech 4 cylinder modern engine with all the latest computer-controlled devices, and complex transmission? ...So the 140,000th Nissan engine and drive train is "Dirt Cheap"???? I could provide so many more other examples - such as the gasoline tank for the Yamaha vs the Nissan. How about the windows? Safety- glass expensive windshield, rear window, 4 side windows - power - motors/switches. Automotive instrument panel - oh, heck I'll stop right there...c'mon! the CONTENT of that 2021 Yamaha or Atomic or whatever make golf car simply CANNOT compare to a similarly-MSRP-priced AUTOMOBILE. If you state that compiling the "factory costs" of ALL the components for that new golf cart is the SAME for that Automotive vehicle, please....
.
.
__________________
I have CDO. It's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order - AS THEY SHOULD BE.
"Yesterday Belongs to History, Tomorrow Belongs to God, Today Belongs to Me"
  #13  
Old 03-26-2021, 07:54 AM
canyonblue canyonblue is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 100
Thanks: 96
Thanked 154 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
so, this means -still- that with all the information and data that I COULD supply to you, that a $15,500 (or so) brand new Yamaha Golf Cart (or Atomic, etc) has the same cost/content as that 2021 Nissan Versa that I had shown?
Bottom line. Can you drive that Nissan Versa on the golf course? The price argument ends there.
  #14  
Old 03-26-2021, 08:15 AM
DeanFL's Avatar
DeanFL DeanFL is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,704
Thanks: 329
Thanked 2,245 Times in 541 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyonblue View Post
Bottom line. Can you drive that Nissan Versa on the golf course? The price argument ends there.
.
.
have no idea what the point of this is. ???

The 'argument' was SOLELY re the actual COST (and subsequent profit) of a new golf cart vs a new automobile. period.
.
.
__________________
I have CDO. It's like OCD but all the letters are in alphabetical order - AS THEY SHOULD BE.
"Yesterday Belongs to History, Tomorrow Belongs to God, Today Belongs to Me"
  #15  
Old 03-26-2021, 11:09 AM
canyonblue canyonblue is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 100
Thanks: 96
Thanked 154 Times in 52 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
.
.
have no idea what the point of this is. ???
.
The POINT is there is no comparison. It's like talking about the price of a lawnmower verses a power washer. Yes there is a HUGE profit margin in golf carts, because there can be.
Reply

Tags
atomic, car, cart, electric, lithium

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.