Automated Tee Time System

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2021, 06:40 PM

Thread is about Tee times not golf etiquette. Teaching manners starts at home.

Always be humble and kind.
Old 01-24-2021, 12:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
How so? All residents have a "fair and equal" opportunity to obtain a priority membership.
True, but it is only economical to buy a priority membership if one plays over a certain number of rounds. It disadvantages those that play less, for whatever reason, whether it’s how often they golf, or whether or not they are full time residents. Regardless of the reason for golfing less, those residents are disadvantaged, both economically and getting t time priority. With the Executive courses, residents actually get priority for t times if they play less and have less corresponding points, to level the playing field. Having no points for playing Championship courses is worthless next to a priority member.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:08 AM
Veteran member

The answer is NO.
Old 01-24-2021, 06:42 AM

Nope. Not first come first served.
Old 01-24-2021, 07:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I will buy the “fair and equal opportunity for all residents” statement for the executives, but priority memberships prove that to be false for championships.
All residents can choose to purchase a priority membership. Therefore, fair and equal opportuniy is true.
Old 01-24-2021, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
If everybody would simply attend the good golf school, the system is explained in detail. But no.....the confusion/ignorance persists.
Good golf school just got back going after being shut down due to COVID. There is limited seating at each class and limited days it's being held. I know many new residents that have been trying to attend but cannot get in. With the amount of new residents and the backlog the school cannot keep up with demand.
Old 01-24-2021, 07:55 AM

I've been doing this a long time, and I know how it works. So no, how soon before the deadline you make a request does not matter. They are all filled after midnight on three days before the requested date. What matters in a request is: if your request is priority...they get top pick. Of the all priority requests, the average points of the request matters...lower points gets moved to the top. After all priority requests are filled, they move on to priority with guest, priority and non-priority mixed together, non-priority requests only, and so on...with the average points of the request always a player in where you are in line for a tee time. Best option...only priority and low average points of the whole request.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:33 AM

As they should, that’s why it cost to become a priority member.
Old 01-24-2021, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeikenberry View Post
I've been doing this a long time, and I know how it works. So no, how soon before the deadline you make a request does not matter. They are all filled after midnight on three days before the requested date. What matters in a request is: if your request is priority...they get top pick. Of the all priority requests, the average points of the request matters...lower points gets moved to the top. After all priority requests are filled, they move on to priority with guest, priority and non-priority mixed together, non-priority requests only, and so on...with the average points of the request always a player in where you are in line for a tee time. Best option...only priority and low average points of the whole request.
My husband plays the Championship courses 3 days a week and he has a priority membership. The groups he plays with require a priority membership. He always has a tee time between 8:30 and 9:28. Priority for him is well wort the cost and the green fees are $17.00 cheaper.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
“ignorance persists”...as does arrogance and condescension.
Personally, I get tired of always being asked by people who persist with their ignorance. It has nothing to do with “arrogance and condescension”, but fatigue with laziness. The information is out there for anyone who makes themselves available to it.
Old 01-24-2021, 09:13 AM

No, it does not.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:51 AM

I have golfed here for over 10 years, executive courses only. I request up to 12 slots on the 2 days we play and put in tee times once/week for both requests. I have never heard of priority status for executive courses. I make sure points average for group is 3 or under per guidelines I was given by tee time office when I asked how does the system work. So far it’s worked well for my group.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accidental1 View Post
I'm unable to find an answer to this in of the literature that I've read. Does the date a tee time request is made have any impact on priority? For instance, does a request made 7 days in advance have any higher priority than one made 4 days in advance?
I would say no it depends on the total number of points the lower the points goes ahead of the higher number.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas39 View Post
I would say no it depends on the total number of points the lower the points goes ahead of the higher number.
The point system is used on Champion Golf Courses I don’t know about the 9 hole courses.
Old 01-24-2021, 11:55 AM

My husband makes tee times all the time. He says the earlier the better....... it also goes by points. So as people make their tee times, the earliest tee time request, with the least amount of points will get their tee time first..... then it goes down the line.... Hope this helps.
Closed Thread

Tags
made, request, tee, priority, days

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.