Automated Tee Time System

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2021, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiNana View Post
My husband makes tee times all the time. He says the earlier the better....... it also goes by points. So as people make their tee times, the earliest tee time request, with the least amount of points will get their tee time first..... then it goes down the line.... Hope this helps.
When you put in the request has no bearing at all. On Championship courses, priority members first by point value, then regular members by point value. Executive courses by points only.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,655 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankygrl View Post
I have golfed here for over 10 years, executive courses only. I request up to 12 slots on the 2 days we play and put in tee times once/week for both requests. I have never heard of priority status for executive courses. I make sure points average for group is 3 or under per guidelines I was given by tee time office when I asked how does the system work. So far it’s worked well for my group.
That's because the priority membership is for champ courses olny.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
True, but it is only economical to buy a priority membership if one plays over a certain number of rounds. It disadvantages those that play less, for whatever reason, whether it’s how often they golf, or whether or not they are full time residents. Regardless of the reason for golfing less, those residents are disadvantaged, both economically and getting t time priority. With the Executive courses, residents actually get priority for t times if they play less and have less corresponding points, to level the playing field. Having no points for playing Championship courses is worthless next to a priority member.
The champ courses are a private business. They are not an amenity. The owner has the right to sell priority memberships.
Old 01-24-2021, 01:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,349 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzepecki View Post
Personally, I get tired of always being asked by people who persist with their ignorance. It has nothing to do with “arrogance and condescension”, but fatigue with laziness. The information is out there for anyone who makes themselves available to it.
Good example of what you speak. NOT reading all posts before providing a duplicate answer. That is laziness.......
Old 01-25-2021, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Based on what I have seen over the last 8 years, they should spend 99% of the time on golf etiquette
Can I get an "amen" to that?!
Old 01-25-2021, 11:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
The champ courses are a private business. They are not an amenity. The owner has the right to sell priority memberships.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
If you follow the link in post #3....you will find.
"The system is designed to give all residents fair and equal
opportunities to obtain tee times. In addition, it is set up to
accommodate the active lifestyle of our residents. The system is not a
first come, first served system.
"
I am well aware of the fact that the Championship courses are a private business. I just don’t like the way they try to insult Villagers intelligence by attempting to claim that the t time allocation system is fair and equitable for both executives and championships. It is fair and equitable for executives, but the system is not the same for Championships, it’s a pay to get an advantage system. Call things what they are.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

I believe the computer has to have some parameters, that being date and time would be one of them for tiebreakers when all else is equal. You have two requests both foursomes with all priority members and all have 1 point each. The date and time would be the next deciding factor, what else could it be?

Same with non-priority members making a request. Once the computer has given out all the teetimes to priority requests and now the non-priority requests come next, and equal groups with equal points, how would the computer know which one to consider next, date and time is all that's left. I can see a twosome getting bumped higher to be paired with another twosome, but in that case all is not equal.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I believe the computer has to have some parameters, that being date and time would be one of them for tiebreakers when all else is equal. You have two requests both foursomes with all priority members and all have 1 point each. The date and time would be the next deciding factor, what else could it be?

Same with non-priority members making a request. Once the computer has given out all the teetimes to priority requests and now the non-priority requests come next, and equal groups with equal points, how would the computer know which one to consider next, date and time is all that's left. I can see a twosome getting bumped higher to be paired with another twosome, but in that case all is not equal.
Don’t forget that priority members playing with guests come before non priority residents. Not right in my opinion.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
I am well aware of the fact that the Championship courses are a private business. I just don’t like the way they try to insult Villagers intelligence by attempting to claim that the t time allocation system is fair and equitable for both executives and championships. It is fair and equitable for executives, but the system is not the same for Championships, it’s a pay to get an advantage system. Call things what they are.
opportunities..."

Opportunities is plural. One of them being a fair and equal opportunity to purchase a priority membership.
Old 01-25-2021, 11:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
opportunities..."

Opportunities is plural. One of them being a fair and equal opportunity to purchase a priority membership.
Read post #17
Old 01-26-2021, 12:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

I would think if someone wanted to do things the way they wanted, all they would have to do is build their own golf course or 12.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Don’t forget that priority members playing with guests come before non priority residents. Not right in my opinion.
Why isn't it right? Us priority players "Paid" for that right.
Closed Thread

Tags
made, request, tee, priority, days

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.