back to single riders?

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2021, 07:46 AM
Location: atl (marietta) - 1/20 bought on killington loop then covoid hit - looking again

who is stopping you ? from riding alone ??? post his name
Old 07-30-2021, 07:50 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Old 07-30-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
*sigh* common sense and freedom of choice is rapidly disappearing ... if you've had the shot you don't actually have to mask...tis scientifically proven that a minuscule amount of those vaccinated get the virus...if you don't get the shot and do not wear a mask that is a free choice and those who've had the shot should just shut up as they have been vaccinated and likely won't get the virus.

More children died from the flu last year than covid...how come you always maskers haven't been wearing a mask your whole life???

How many people die from bathroom accidents in a year? Perhaps we should make people wear a football or motorcycle helmet when they get out of bed so that head injuries are fewer.

The problem with always maskers is they are the lemmings of the human race and do many things that endanger themselves as well as others yet still continue on taking risks while...driving even though as they age they screw up more and more, climb ladders even though their balance is in question....don't drink enough water when out of doors(no being in a pool does not increase your hydration)...forget to take their meds regularly...ignore the suggestions and orders from doctors because they googled it and decided they don't like the risk of serious side effects.

As least if you're going to tell others what to do preface your comment by "I am a sheep and follow the unscientific suggestions/rules from a gov't that can't even follow/obey their own suggestions/rules." By all means always add the addendum "I am a hypocrite because I only follow the rules as I see fit."
How dare you classify mask wearers as LEMMINGS! You obviously don’t believe in Science. I do. I’d rather be safer with the vaccine and mask, than on a ventilator fighting for my life and worrying about the long term effects of COVID. I also would like to help prevent others, like YOU, from getting the virus IF I’m a carrier. But, that’s me! I care about others. Start thinking about this…start!
Old 07-30-2021, 08:03 AM

Seriously? You can take your own cart now. Just keep it on the cart path. But I understand that many people despise personal freedom and want to mandate what everyone has to do.
Old 07-30-2021, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerlady View Post
Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerlady View Post
Really?
Yeah, really
Old 07-30-2021, 08:22 AM

If I say anything they will band me
Even on this site you cannot express your true opinion it’s against the law
Old 07-30-2021, 10:05 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
Do you hope there is a mask mandate and that there is closure of all facilities as well?

There certainly are people who do want that. There are several states that are not far removed from that.
Of course nobody wants that....We found a vaccine that was over 90% effective and almost 100% effective against death from the virus. We simply had ONE thing to do....but NOOOOOO! the anti-vaxers couldn't do that! So here we are again!!!! And now politicians like the FL Governor are preventing us from even protecting ourselves. Its like they really want us dead.
Old 07-30-2021, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
*sigh* common sense and freedom of choice is rapidly disappearing ... if you've had the shot you don't actually have to mask...tis scientifically proven that a minuscule amount of those vaccinated get the virus...if you don't get the shot and do not wear a mask that is a free choice and those who've had the shot should just shut up as they have been vaccinated and likely won't get the virus.

More children died from the flu last year than covid...how come you always maskers haven't been wearing a mask your whole life???

How many people die from bathroom accidents in a year? Perhaps we should make people wear a football or motorcycle helmet when they get out of bed so that head injuries are fewer.

The problem with always maskers is they are the lemmings of the human race and do many things that endanger themselves as well as others yet still continue on taking risks while...driving even though as they age they screw up more and more, climb ladders even though their balance is in question....don't drink enough water when out of doors(no being in a pool does not increase your hydration)...forget to take their meds regularly...ignore the suggestions and orders from doctors because they googled it and decided they don't like the risk of serious side effects.

As least if you're going to tell others what to do preface your comment by "I am a sheep and follow the unscientific suggestions/rules from a gov't that can't even follow/obey their own suggestions/rules." By all means always add the addendum "I am a hypocrite because I only follow the rules as I see fit."
The most amusing part is that most of the mask wearer aren't even aware that unless you are using a fitted N95 mask, they are worse than useless.
Old 07-30-2021, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
Unfortunately a lot of people don’t take Covid seriously until a relative or friend dies from it. Sad.
Did you take it seriously when people like my mother died from complications from the H1N1 virus - in Nov. 2009? Did you take it seriously when people like two of my best friends died from cervical cancer due to HPV ? Do you take it seriously when someone like a member of my neighbor’s family died from the actions of a drunk driver? I take anyone’s death as being serious! Why the heck is a Covid death any different? All of the deaths I mentioned above could have been prevented with government mandated - face masks, condoms, prohibition of alcohol - my goodness - please realize people are dying every day from things - that could have been prevented with extreme govt. intervention. Why are you just thinking we should take an illness like Covid serious - when - in fact - the number of deaths due to Covid are so far below many other deaths that are equally or more serious?
Old 07-30-2021, 11:06 AM

WAYYYYY off subject!!!!
Old 07-30-2021, 12:44 PM

I do wish that people would abide by the 'cart path only' rules, especially on the par 3s. Only people with RA tags should be on the grass.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:41 PM
Default Vaccine or no vaccine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
Of course nobody wants that....We found a vaccine that was over 90% effective and almost 100% effective against death from the virus. We simply had ONE thing to do....but NOOOOOO! the anti-vaxers couldn't do that! So here we are again!!!! And now politicians like the FL Governor are preventing us from even protecting ourselves. Its like they really want us dead.
The hostility on both sides just amazes me. If you got the shot then I suspect that you believe in the efficacy of the vaccine. So why be hostile towards those that did not get it? You are now protected or you don’t believe in the vaccine’s effectiveness!

For goodness sake relax and enjoy your new freedom because of the development of the vaccine.

Those that did not get it, that is their choice, after all the truth is that the recovery rate if this thing is over 99%, so they are taking a risk. Even at that, for those of us that got the vaccine, we are protected and those that had C-19, well they are as good as immune.

May God Bless and keep all of you from harm, even those of science!
Old 07-30-2021, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye Bleau View Post
The hostility on both sides just amazes me. If you got the shot then I suspect that you believe in the efficacy of the vaccine. So why be hostile towards those that did not get it? You are now protected or you don’t believe in the vaccine’s effectiveness!

For goodness sake relax and enjoy your new freedom because of the development of the vaccine.

Those that did not get it, that is their choice, after all the truth is that the recovery rate if this thing is over 99%, so they are taking a risk. Even at that, for those of us that got the vaccine, we are protected and those that had C-19, well they are as good as immune.

May God Bless and keep all of you from harm, even those of science!
To steal a line from the poster in #40:

WAYYYYY off subject!!!!
Old 07-30-2021, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234 View Post
I do hope that we go back to the single riders in carts on golf courses.
I have a great idea. We should all get two shots of the Pfizer Vaccine, two shots of the Moderna Vaccine and one shot of the J&J Vaccine. When we leave the house in our golf carts be shire to have your class 5 bio hazard suit on. Wehrmacht we get to the golf course you can ride on opposite sides of the fairways. Only one person on the green at a time. Be sure to sanitize the flag pole before you leave. Once you get home be sure to have your decontamination shower. If you do all of these steps, I’m sure you will be safe from Covid. Maybe?
Old 07-30-2021, 03:36 PM

I have been driving my golf cart by myself for some time now.
Reason:
I have no need for some unknown but friendly, stinking co-pilot who once left sh** stains on my golf cart seat!
Closed Thread

Tags
back, single, riders, hope, carts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.