Talk of The Villages Florida

Talk of The Villages Florida (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/)
-   Golf in The Villages (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/)
-   -   back to single riders? (https://www.talkofthevillages.com/forums/golf-villages-216/back-single-riders-322202/)

drcar 07-29-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1980170)
That was what the man said. The one who refuses to double stays on path.

"The Man was incorrect" it was the same rule as before the virus. And refusing is not a good way of putting it, how about choses, ie,, smoker, virus protection, etc.

Papa_lecki 07-29-2021 01:13 PM

My golf game is so precise my doesnt land in the middle of the fairway, it lands where the cart paths are, the right or left side of the fairway. Maybe not the side of the cart path for that hole, but maybe the next hold.

Two Bills 07-29-2021 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drcar (Post 1980196)
"The Man was incorrect" it was the same rule as before the virus. And refusing is not a good way of putting it, how about choses, ie,, smoker, virus protection, etc.

I refuse to choose.

drcar 07-29-2021 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Two Bills (Post 1980228)
I refuse to choose.

Your Choice

Pillowtalk 07-30-2021 04:54 AM

It’s not all about you…Citizenship carries both rights and responsibilities. We are all in this mess together. If you want to enjoy what life you have left be part of the solution, not the problem.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortal1 (Post 1980025)
*sigh* common sense and freedom of choice is rapidly disappearing ... if you've had the shot you don't actually have to mask...tis scientifically proven that a minuscule amount of those vaccinated get the virus...if you don't get the shot and do not wear a mask that is a free choice and those who've had the shot should just shut up as they have been vaccinated and likely won't get the virus.

More children died from the flu last year than covid...how come you always maskers haven't been wearing a mask your whole life???

How many people die from bathroom accidents in a year? Perhaps we should make people wear a football or motorcycle helmet when they get out of bed so that head injuries are fewer.

The problem with always maskers is they are the lemmings of the human race and do many things that endanger themselves as well as others yet still continue on taking risks while...driving even though as they age they screw up more and more, climb ladders even though their balance is in question....don't drink enough water when out of doors(no being in a pool does not increase your hydration)...forget to take their meds regularly...ignore the suggestions and orders from doctors because they googled it and decided they don't like the risk of serious side effects.

As least if you're going to tell others what to do preface your comment by "I am a sheep and follow the unscientific suggestions/rules from a gov't that can't even follow/obey their own suggestions/rules." By all means always add the addendum "I am a hypocrite because I only follow the rules as I see fit."

J1ceasar 07-30-2021 05:02 AM

It's doomed, especially in Chicago and n.j.

J1ceasar 07-30-2021 05:03 AM

Well said

Black Beauty 07-30-2021 05:03 AM

Fore

jack.hunter00@yahoo.com 07-30-2021 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike234 (Post 1979860)
I do hope that we go back to the single riders in carts on golf courses.

You can drive your own cart on any course. The rule is only 2 carts on the fairway. Stay on the cart path.

CappyRam 07-30-2021 05:21 AM

That would really start to take the quality of the courses backwards again. 2 carts do their fair share of damage to grass to begin with, adding two more per foursome would do more damage than good. I did like the pace of play picking up when we had too, but it took a toll on the courses. MHO

golfing eagles 07-30-2021 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CappyRam (Post 1980427)
That would really start to take the quality of the courses backwards again. 2 carts do their fair share of damage to grass to begin with, adding two more per foursome would do more damage than good. I did like the pace of play picking up when we had too, but it took a toll on the courses. MHO

Unfortunately, it looks likely that we will be heading back in that direction. But you never "had to" ride single, you just needed to convince someone to ride with you.

kimgarwel12@gmail.com 07-30-2021 07:03 AM

And we've had several starters tell us they don't get paid enough to argue with people who only want to drive in their carts alone. We see it both ways all over. As long as you're on the cart path, it shouldn't matter if you're sharing a cart or single in yours. Right after they went back to sharing carts, we had one particularly snarky starter tell us if you didn't share a cart, they wouldn't let you play! I think Covid has set the tone from here on out. Back to "normal?" Those days are long gone!

turk3531 07-30-2021 07:40 AM

Single rider

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike234 (Post 1979860)
i do hope that we go back to the single riders in carts on golf courses.

why?

Singerlady 07-30-2021 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfing eagles (Post 1979869)
Why???

Really?

Singerlady 07-30-2021 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billethkid (Post 1979992)
With your mask soundly in place just tell the starter you are immune compromised and must ride alone.

Careful what you wish for!!

Really?